Child Labelled as Disruptive - Parent-Teacher Interview (#209)
This simulation was developed in collaboration with Sara Marlowe and the School of Early Childhood Education, Toronto Metropolitan University.
An immigrant family is adjusting to life in Canada, including the school system and their young son, Joseph’s, behaviour in the classroom.
- To practice interviewing and assessment skills including:
- Respecting diversity
- Honouring a parent's expertise
- Gaining awareness of systemic issues impacting families
- Develop a plan with a parent
- connect families with community resources
Information for Learners
You are Joseph’s Grade One/ECE teacher and are concerned about his adjustment to the school and his behaviour in the class. You made an appointment for today, with both of Joseph's parents, to address your concerns regarding his behaviour.
- Enida Pasic, Joseph's mother
- Grade One Teacher
- ECE Educator
- Neighbourhood public school
- Adolescence and Family Relations
- Health Care
- Mental Health