Nursing (BScN) > Post Diploma
Is It for You?
Pursue a challenging curriculum and rewarding clinical placements that provide our students, who come to the program with a range of experience, the opportunity to develop analytical approaches within their nursing practices. Available through full- or part-time studies, you will graduate equipped with a deeper understanding of yourself as a nursing professional, as well as how the broader profession integrates within the health-care system.
Full Time: Post-Diploma Degree Completion
Part Time: Post-Diploma Degree Completion
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Mandatory clinical placements
Accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing.
Stay Connected with Our Community
Our student ambassadors are on board to give you a taste of all that Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) has to offer. Learn about the city of Toronto, transitioning to university, the student experience and more!
What You Need to Know
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2023 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
Tuition and Fees 2022/2023
Domestic Ontario Students Fees Range: $7,095 - $7,587
Domestic Out-of-Province Students Fees Range: $7,601 - $8,133
International Students Fees Range: $31,749 - $33,086
Part-Time Format (One to Eight or More Courses)
Domestic Ontario Students Fees Range: $938.15 - $5,542.09
Domestic Out-of-Province Students Fees Range: $988.72 - $5,947.85
International Students Fees Range: $3,443.65 - $25,571.61
For detailed fees information visit Tuition and Fees by Program.
One of the following criteria must be met:
- Criteria A: Canadian RN Nursing Diploma with a 3.0/B/70% CGPA or higher, and proof of current registration with a provincial or territorial regulatory body, or eligibility for registration in Ontario.
- Criteria B: Practical Nursing Diploma from a public Ontario College and Toronto Metropolitan University approved bridging program, each with a 3.0/B/70% CGPA or higher and no repeated courses or failures. (Effective fall 2017: The bridging program must be completed within the past five academic years.), and proof of eligibility for registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario
- Criteria C: International nursing studies with good academic standing, AND one of the following:
A Toronto Metropolitan University approved bridging program with a 3.0/B/70% CGPA or higher and no repeated courses or failures (effective fall 2017, the bridging program must be completed within the past five academic years).
Proof of current registration with a provincial or territorial regulatory body, or eligibility for registration in Ontario
- Mature Student Guidelines do not apply.
- Further details on the proof of eligibility for registration requirements are available in the Admission Information section of the Academic Calendar
Candidates must also submit:
- Academic transcripts including promotion/graduation status from all nursing and other post-secondary level studies, indicating specific courses and grades.
- Photocopy of current Ontario Certificate of Registration or proof of eligibility for the same.
Write the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) and apply for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario to become a Registered Nurse if you didn’t previously hold this qualification. Pursue opportunities in acute, chronic or long-term care hospitals and institutions; clinics and community health organizations; public health, education, research, occupational health; nursing administration, management and leadership. You may work as a Registered Nurse, harm reduction peer worker, patient education specialist, public health nurse or mental health worker. You may also choose to pursue a master’s degree in nursing from Toronto Metropolitan University or other universities.