Computer Engineering - BEng
Is it for you?
Computer engineers influence the way we work and play in our technology-driven, interconnected world. You’ll use scientific and practical knowledge in digital circuit technology to build electronic systems and devices that benefit lives. Create hardware, firmware, software and interfacing systems that let computers communicate with each other and the world.
Enhance your skills with an opportunity to enrol in a paid co-op program, software engineering option, optional specializations in Management Sciences and Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and leading-edge research projects. The fourth-year curriculum culminates in a hands-on capstone design project and also allows you to specialize in a variety of subject areas through an extensive electives list.
- The Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program-specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
- Physics (SPH4U)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Note: The grades required in the subject prerequisites (normally 70%) will be determined subject to competition
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
Tuition and fees 2023-2024
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Ontario students fees range: $10,666 - $11,267
Out-of-province students fees range: $11,961 - $12,649
International students fees range: $38,340 - $38,584
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
Common to Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, and Mechatronics Engineering programs.
One course from Table A - Lower Level Liberal Studies.
Offer new products and processes in areas such as:
- Software programming
- Systems and data management
- Health-care systems
- Consumer electronic devices and chips
- Communication systems
- Electronics service industry
- IT consulting
- Network engineering
- Graduate studies (MEng, MASc, PhD) in electrical and computer engineering
Explore Toronto Metropolitan University's unique urban campus in the heart of downtown Toronto from the comfort of your own home!
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.