Civil Engineering - BEng
Is it for you?
Civil engineers are leading the way in developing sustainable and progressive societies. In this program, you’ll learn how to conceptualize, design, construct, operate, and oversee the lifecycle of critical infrastructure. Rethink transportation systems, increase access to clean drinking water, create environmentally-friendly cities, evolve electrical vehicle manufacturing and more.
Program highlights include:
- Gain work experience and industry connections with the opportunity to enrol in the paid co-op program
- Join student clubs, chapters and teams such as the Canadian Society of Civil Engineers and the National Society of Black Engineers
- Get hands-on research using innovative facilities including the industry leading Centre for Urban Energy
- Apply a business lens to engineering with an optional specialization in Management Sciences
- The Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program-specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
- Physics (SPH4U)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Note: The grades required in the subject prerequisites (normally 70%) will be determined subject to competition
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
Tuition and fees 2023-2024
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Ontario students fees range: $10,666 - $11,267
Out-of-province Students fees range: $11,961 - $12,649
International students fees range: $38,340 - $38,584
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
Common to Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, and Mechatronics Engineering programs.
One course from Table A - Lower Level Liberal Studies.
Be ready to advance practices and solve problems:
- Join an engineering firm as a consultant and lead structural, geotechnical, material or transportation projects
- Play a key role in municipality operations as a project manager, city manager, facility operator or land surveyor
- Develop new solutions and systems for tech companies or launch a start-up as a GIS or software engineer
- Graduate studies (MEng, MASc or PhD) in engineering
Explore Toronto Metropolitan University's unique urban campus in the heart of downtown Toronto from the comfort of your own home!
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.