Business Technology Management - BComm (Hons)
Is it for you?
Combine a love for technology, business and management and study at Canada’s largest school dedicated to business management and information and communication technologies (ICT). You’ll gain a sound understanding of business principles and drive ICT-based innovation with skills honed through an optional co-op, case studies, and state-of-the-art classrooms and labs.
You’ll learn how to analyze business needs, design appropriate technology-based processes and solutions, and communicate these effectively. Upon graduation, you’ll anticipate, capitalize and drive business strategies and opportunities tied to technological change.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- BTM Forum, Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)
Tuition and fees 2023-2024
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Ontario students fees range: $10,239 - $10,295
Out-of-province students fees range: $10,967 - $11,023
International student fees range: $38,432 - $38,488
Part-time format (one to eight or more courses):
Ontario students fees range: $1,222 - $7,732
Out-of-province students fees range: $1,296 - $8,321
International student fees range: $3,966 - $29,682
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
- Business analysis
- Project management
- Data analysis
- Profit and non-profit organizations
- Large and small information technology companies
- Multimedia product and service providers
- Graduate studies in business
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program-specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Mathematics (one of Calculus and Vectors [MCV4U], Advanced Functions [MHF4U] or Mathematics of Data Management [MDM4U])
- MCV4U is the preferred mathematics course
- Note: The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at: Admission Requirements.
Toronto Metropolitan University-approved three-year Advanced Diploma in Business Administration from a public Ontario College with a minimum 3.0/B/70% cumulative GPA.
Students fulfill the degree requirements by completing twenty (20) single-term courses (two years of full-time study).
Explore Toronto Metropolitan University's unique urban campus in the heart of downtown Toronto from the comfort of your own home!
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
- The co-op option is not available for Degree Completion students.