Biomedical Sciences - BSc (Hons)
Is it for you?
Gain theoretical and practical expertise in the cellular and molecular sciences, with opportunities to conduct research into medically relevant concerns such as how cells turn cancerous and how gene expression affects aging.
You can also participate in an optional paid co-op, a research thesis project or pursue an optional specialization in Management Sciences. Toronto Metropolitan University’s close proximity to the biomedical industry will prepare you to make a meaningful contribution to health care, helping to advance our knowledge of how cells function.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Two of Physics (SPH4U), Chemistry (SCH4U) or Biology (SBI4U)
- Note: the minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available on the admission requirements page.
Tuition and fees
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Full-time format 2023-2024:
Ontario students fees range: $7,176 - $9,689
Out-of-province students fees range: $8,005 - $10,849
International student fees range: $33,432 - $33,492
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
Be prepared to enter this large and growing field and work as practitioners and researchers in:
- Clinical and forensic laboratories
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
- Biomedical research institutions
- Health administration and policy organizations
- Consulting management companies
- Patent law firms
- Molecular biology
- Biomedical nanotechnology research
- Research ethics
- Graduate studies in molecular science (MSc and PhD) or a professional degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy or physiotherapy
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.