Biology - BSc (Hons)
Is it for you?
Biology is the study of living organisms — from bacteria and cells, to plants and animals. This program teaches concepts spanning from cellular structure and function, to the environment and bioinformatics.
It integrates studies in chemistry, computers and management. You can pursue a paid co-op, participate in industry-oriented research and complete an independent thesis project.
Optional specializations in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Biophysics or Environmental Biology give you more opportunities to customize your degree. Or, pursue an optional designation in Management Science.
This is one of three bachelor of science programs that share a one-year foundation.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Two of Physics (SPH4U), Chemistry (SCH4U) or Biology (SBI4U)
- Note: the minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available on the admission requirements page.
Tuition and fees
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Full-time format 2023-2024:
Ontario students fees range: $7,176 - $9,689
Out-of-province students fees range: $8,005 - $10,849
International student fees range: $33,432 - $33,492
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
* This course is graded on a pass/fail basis.
You can use your expertise in established principles and modern practices to contribute to:
- Environmental, health and molecular sciences
- Scientific sales and marketing
- Food and life science research
- Science management for government, academia or industry
- Agri-food, biotechnology or pharmaceuticals
- Food industry editing
- Multimedia life science
- Graduate studies in biology, or professional degrees in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or related fields
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.