Enrolment & Course Intentions
For a full list of comprehensive dates for the school year, please refer to the Toronto Metropolitan University Undergraduate Calendar. (opens in new window)
Fall 2023 Dates
- Last day to drop in good academic standing, no refund = Friday, October 17th, 2023
- Apply to graduate from the Winter 2024 term with a Spring 2024 convocation (no fees) = Wednesday, November 1st, 2023 to Friday, March 1st, 2024
- Fall 2023 Exam Period = Wednesday, December 6th to Sunday, December 17th, 2023 (weekends included)
- Official end of the Fall 2023 term = Sunday, December 17th, 2023
- Mid-Year Winter Break = Saturday, December 23rd, 2023 to Sunday, January 7th, 2024 (University Closed)
Winter 2024 Dates
- 4th+ Year Priority Enrolment = Friday, December 22nd, 2023 at 8:00am ET
- 3rd Year Priority Enrolment = Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 at 8:00am ET
- 2nd Year Priority Enrolment = Thursday, December 28th, 2023 at 8:00am ET
- 1st Year Priority Enrolment = Friday, December 29th, 2023 at 8:00am ET
- Winter Open Enrolment = Tuesday, January 2nd to Friday, January 26th, 2024
- First day of Winter 2024 classes = Friday, January 12th, 2024
- Last day to add/swap courses, and drop courses with a 100% refund = Friday, January 26th, 2024
- Last day to update immigration status for Winter term with TMU = Wednesday, January 31st, 2024
- Last day to pay Winter 2024 tuition and fees = Friday, January 26th, 2024
- Last day to drop a courses with a 50% refund = Friday, February 9th, 2024
- Winter 2024 Study Week = Saturday, February 17th to Friday, February 23rd, 2024
- Last day to drop in good academic standing, no refund = Thursday, March 28th, 2024
- Apply to graduate from the Winter 2024 term with a Spring 2024 convocation (with late fee) = Saturday, March 2nd to Monday, April 15th, 2024
- Winter 2024 Exam Period = Monday, April 15th to Saturday, April 27th, 2024 (weekends included)
- Official end of the Winter 2024 term = Saturday, April 27th, 2024
If you are enrolled in any Chang School courses, please ensure that you are following their set of Important Dates and fees as they are different from TMU's.
Important Dates + Course Intentions
Reminder: Course Intentions are mandatory for all full time undergraduate students in The Creative School. Failure to complete Course Intentions will result in your account being blocked from enrolment until the respective Open Enrolment Period.
Winter Year-Specific Enrolment = Friday, December 22nd to Friday, December 29th, 2023
Please visit the 2023-2024 Undergraduate Calendar's Significant Dates (opens in new window) page in order to find your specific enrolment date.
Winter Course Intention Adjustment = Tuesday, January 2nd to Friday, January 26th, 2024
Take your time when completing course intentions and make sure you complete all the steps (including validating your selections by clicking the finish enrolling button). Courses left in your shopping cart are not successfully completed course intentions!
Course intentions do not guarantee enrollment, but they do give you the best chance of securing the courses you want.
Unable to add a specific Liberal Studies or Open Elective course? See the "Liberal Studies" tab of our FAQ page for a detailed explanation.
What Do Course Intentions Look Like?
In order for your course intentions to be successfully completed, please ensure that there is a green checkmark beside each course (not green dot). See below for an example.
Use the study plan on our website under the 'Degree Planning' tab and complete your course intentions for both the Fall and Winter terms. Remember, when it comes to your modules, priority should be given to completing the required module courses first, as not all courses run every term or every year.
Try to avoid course-intending for more courses than you need. The more courses you add to your intentions, the more courses there are to schedule to your timetable, and the greater risk of a time conflict.
Unfortunately, not all liberal studies courses are open to everyone during course intentions; see 'Liberal Studies' and “Course Full or Can’t Add Intentions?” tab of our FAQ page for more information.
How Do I Enrol in Courses?
At Toronto Metropolitan University, the platform that students use to enroll in courses, access their schedules, etc. is called MyServiceHub (formerly RAMSS). You can access MyServiceHub by logging into your my.torontomu.ca account.
Unsure of what you need to take as a CI student? Visit our Degree Planning page and choose the appropriate group for more information.