Industrial Engineering - BEng
Is it for you?
Industrial engineers create solutions for processes, increasing productivity and managing people. You’ll learn how to develop and improve products, services, processes, information technology systems and work methods. You’ll also learn how to make manufacturing and service systems more productive, efficient, safe and cost-effective. With hands-on training, an opportunity to enrol in a paid co-op program, and an optional specialization in Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship, you’ll graduate ready to offer inventive solutions to real-world challenges.
- The Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program-specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
- Physics (SPH4U)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Note: The grades required in the subject prerequisites (normally 70%) will be determined subject to competition
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at: Admission Requirements.
Tuition and fees 2023-2024:
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Ontario students fees range: $10,666 - $11,267
Out-of-province students fees range: $11,961 - $12,649
International students fees range: $38,340 - $38,584
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
Common to Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, and Mechatronics Engineering programs.
One course from Table A - Lower Level Liberal Studies.
Common to Industrial, Mechanical, and Mechatronics Engineering programs.
Offer inventive solutions in areas such as:
- Financial services
- Manufacturing and supply chain
- Process improvement
- Systems design
- Information systems
- Product development
- Performance measurement and standards
- Health and safety engineering
- Industrial production management
- Logistics engineering
- Graduate studies (MEng, MASc, PhD) in mechanical and industrial engineering
Explore Toronto Metropolitan University's unique urban campus in the heart of downtown Toronto from the comfort of your own home!
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.