Admission requirements vary for full-time, part-time and co-op programs. International applicants may also need to meet additional requirements, such as proof of proficiency in the English language.
Full-time admission reqirements
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with six Grade 12 U/M courses. Must include Grade 12 U courses in:
English: ENG4U/EAE4U is the preferred.
Mathematics: Either Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) [Preferred], Advanced Functions (MHF4U), or Data Management (MDM4U).
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages.
Direct-entry/transfer student admission requirements
If you have completed a 2+ year hospitality and tourism related diploma with a minimum 3.0 CGPA at a college in Ontario, elsewhere in Canada or abroad, we encourage you to apply!
- Admissions will review your application and transcripts from your College to determine how many credits you will be granted.
- Depending on the type of program and courses you took in college, you will receive either advanced standing or direct entry.
- If you qualify for advanced standing, you will be placed in the second year of the program (3rd semester). If you qualify for direct entry, you may get placed to start in the 3rd year of the program (5th semester).
- In both cases you will take reachbacks courses from the first and second year, and you might have credits for some elective courses.
- Your offer of admission will outline the courses that were applied for credit from your college for your Basis of Admission (BOA) and which reachback courses you will have to complete.
- If there were courses from the college that were not used for your BOA or for automatic credit, you can still apply for more transfer credits.
- Transfer students from college must complete at least 50% of the program at TMU to receive the Bachelor of Commerce degree.
International, mature, and other students
Additional/other requirements may apply for non-Ontario, mature, international, or home-schooled students. For details, check with TMU Central Admissions.