Technology & Intelligent Systems
Advanced manufacturing drives Canada’s economy and accounts for approximately 11% of the country’s GDP. We have invested in machines and technology that are at the intersection of design and user experience and will unlock new possibilities for the future of human-machine interactions.
Toronto Metropolitan University is pioneering technology and design in sectors such as manufacturing, aerospace, robotics, security, retail, and construction. Working with industry partners, the university is creating a strong technological and industrial ecosystem through our research in engineering, design, management, and production.
Innovations in sustainable industrialization and intelligent systems are transforming a wide variety of sectors, including the Internet of Things, autonomous systems, process optimization, advanced manufacturing, 3D printing, aerospace, robotics, and cybersecurity.
- Centre for Advanced Engineering Research and Innovation in Aerospace Science (AERIAS) (opens in new window)
- Centre for Engineering Innovation & Entrepreneurship (CEIE) (opens in new window)
- Cybersecurity Research Lab (CRL) (opens in new window)
- Digital Enterprise Analytics and Leadership (DEAL) (opens in new window)
- Inclusive Media and Design Centre (IMDC) (external link, opens in new window)
- Institute for Biomedical Engineering, Science & Technology (iBEST) (external link, opens in new window)
- Institute for Innovation and Technology Management (IITM) (opens in new window)
- Toronto Metropolitan University Aerospace Engineering Centre (opens in new window)
- Urban Water TMU (opens in new window)
- Social Media Lab (external link, opens in new window)
- Urban Analytics Institute (external link, opens in new window)