Health & Well-Being
Toronto Metropolitan University approaches health and well-being research with a focus on quality of life and promoting well-being for all.
In advancing health-related SRC activities, our multidisciplinary and multisectoral researchers work across a range of disciplines and perspectives that address personal, social, economic, technological, and environmental factors impacting health and well-being at the individual, community, and global levels.
Our SRC leaders are innovators in the fields of biotechnology and robotics and in the use of intelligent systems in disease recognition and treatment. They are advancing research impact in areas such as patient experience, nursing, aging, mental health, housing and design, social practices, and nutrition.
- Centre for Global Health and Health Equity
- Centre for Studies in Food Security
- HOPE Centre for Sexual and Gender Minority People (external link)
- Institute for Biomedical Engineering, Science & Technology (iBEST) (external link)
- Migrant Integration in the Mid-21st Century: Bridging Divides
- National Institute on Ageing (NIA)
- Toronto Metropolitan Centre for Immigration and Settlement (TMCIS)