Please note: Beginning November 15, RAMSS will be renamed MyServiceHub in the my.torontomu.ca, opens in new window portal. Updates to this website will occur on a rolling basis until all instances of RAMSS are replaced.
How to Request Official Transcripts
Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) is pleased to partner with MyCreds, powered by Digitary, a leading digital credential expert and platform for certifying, sharing and verifying academic credentials, to issue official transcripts in a secure digital format. These digital transcripts are certified and considered ‘official,’ and can be shared securely with educational institutions, employers, immigration authorities and other third parties.
Until the PDF fileRyerson University Act is amended by legislation, Ryerson University will remain the legal name of the university. Official documents, including official transcripts, are issued under the current legal name.
MyCreds ensures your documents' authenticity when accessed through the MyCreds portal.
MyCreds stores your documents securely and your data remains under TMU’s control. This information can only be accessed by you, TMU, and whomever you choose to share your documents with.
Documents issued through MyCreds are authentic, tamper-evident and legally valid. The underlying MyCreds systems have been independently tested by security experts. MyCreds documents contain digital signatures that meet the legal requirements of certified digital documents in countries around the world.
There are two steps to the transcript request process:
- Order and pay for your transcript in MyServiceHub by following steps 1 through 13 below. You will not need to enter any recipient address when you submit your order in MyServiceHub.
- Share your transcript through the MyCreds Learner Portal, external link, opens in new window. Once you receive an email from MyCreds notifying you that your transcript is ready for sharing, you will log into your account on the secure MyCreds Learner Portal with your TMU username and password and this can enter a recipient email address to share your transcript to your chosen destination.
For more details about Official Transcripts, MyCreds, and frequently asked questions, please see Official Transcripts on the Current Students website.
If you have forgotten your username or password, you may try performing an account recovery, opens in new window. If you do not remember your username you may enter your TMU Student Number in the username field.
If you have forgotten your TMU Student Number, you can contact the ServiceHub by phone for assistance.
If you attended TMU after 1984, you can activate your online identity or recover your account to access MyServiceHub by following the instructions on the Accounts page. You must have your TMU Student Number to activate your online identity or recover your account.
If you do not know your TMU Student Number, please contact the ServiceHub by phone.
If you attended TMU before 1984, please contact Student Records at email@example.com for assistance. Please ensure you include your complete name, date of birth and the years you attended.
If you are prompted to enter a Verification Code after entering your username and password, this means you have two-factor authentication enabled on your TMU account.
To find the verification code, open the Google Authenticator app that you installed on your mobile device. Enter the code and click Log in to proceed to MyServiceHub.
Two-factor authentication is required for TMU students when logging in to access specific applications including MyServiceHub. Two-factor provides a second level of security for your TMU account. More information including Frequently Asked Questions can be found on the Two-Factor Authentication page.
Two-factor authentication is required for current and former TMU students when logging in to access specific applications including MyServiceHub. Two-factor provides a second level of security for your TMU account.
If you encounter a message after entering your TMU username and password, prompting you to install the Google Authenticator app, you have not yet set up two-factor authentication for your TMU account.
- To set up two-factor authentication, follow the instructions to download and install the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone then click the Next button on the screen where you are logging in to access MyServiceHub
- In Google Authenticator, choose the option to set up a new account.
- Use your phone’s camera to scan the QR code on your screen to complete the two-factor set up process and enter the verification code from the Google Authenticator app
- Once the setup is complete, you can click Continue and you will be prompted for the Verification Code. Enter the code from the Google Authenticator app to log in and proceed to access MyServiceHub
For more information and detailed instructions see: Setting Up Two-Factor Authentication page.
- Once you have logged in to your my.torontomu.ca portal select the MyServiceHub tab.
- Select the Academics tile.
- Select Request Official Transcript.
- The Request Official Transcript page with information and instructions for completing your request will appear. After reviewing the information, click Continue to start your transcript order.
- In the Personal Information section, you can review your Personal Information and you may enter a previous name.
Important: MyCreds will send a notification with the link to access your transcript and important instructions to the email address on your record in MyServiceHub. You are responsible for ensuring all email addresses are correct.
For current students, notifications and instructions for transcript orders will be sent to your university email address. Please note, Ryerson email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) will be updated to reflect the new university name at a later date. If you are a former student and/or you no longer have an active university email address, notifications will be sent to the personal (Home or Business) email address on file with TMU.
The "Contact Information" box in the Personal Information section will display the email address that notifications will be sent to.
Before submitting your electronic transcript request, check that the email address in the Contact Information box is up-to-date. You can also review the Personal Information on your record in your Student Center in MyServiceHub and you can update or add a Home email address if necessary.
- In the Program Information section, if you attended the university prior to 1984, you can provide information about your program(s) of study and years of attendance. Then click Continue to Transcript Order Details.
- In the Transcript Order Details section, you can indicate when the transcript is required and delivery options. Select Electronic Transcripts from the drop down and enter the number of transcripts (Share Credits) you are ordering.
- Once you have filled out all of the information in the Transcript Order Details section, including the number of Share Credits you wish to purchase, click Save and Review Orders.
- On the Review Orders page you can edit, delete and review your request. Click the Make Payment button once you are ready to finalize your order and pay. Important: Transcript fees are non-refundable.
- The Official Transcript Order Agreement outlines your obligations and responsibilities in requesting and making payment for your request; you may still cancel your request at this point. Click "I Agree" to proceed.
- The Payment Details page allows you to view the total amount for the Share Credits you are purchasing. Click Pay Now to proceed to the secure payment site.
- Enter your credit card details on the payment page and click Submit.
- The Transcript Payment Confirmation page will appear upon completion payment. It will display the transaction reference number, credit card authorization code, payment amount, and transaction date. Keep track of this information for your reference.
- Once your order is processed and your transcript is transmitted from TMU to MyCreds, you will receive an email notification with the link to log in to the MyCreds Learner Portal, external link, opens in new window. From there, you can use the Share Credits you purchased to share the document with recipients. For more details about how to view and share your documents from the MyCreds Learner Portal, please visit the MyCreds How-To Videos, external link, opens in new window and MyCreds' Learner FAQ, external link, opens in new window.