Indigenous and Black Engineering and Technology Momentum Fellowship
PhD | Two (2) recipients at FEAS | $30,000 per year for up to 4 years
TMU’s Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) is proud to be a partner in offering the Canada-wide IBET Momentum Fellowship (external link) , which aims to change the landscape of engineering in Canada by reducing barriers for Indigenous and Black students and creating a pipeline of future changemakers in both industry and education.
This fellowship provides financial support, access to mentorship, training, and networking opportunities for up to two full-time FEAS PhD students.
Deadline to apply: Friday, June 30th, 2023. Apply Now (external link)
As a recipient of the fellowship, you would get:
- $30,000 per year for up to 4 years, composed of the $25,000 IBET scholarship and a $5,000 TMU supervisor contribution
- Support from several carefully-matched IBET mentors over the course of your PhD studies, helping you through the rigorous PhD process and providing rich insights from their work in industry, academia, or government
- Opportunities for research-focused paid internships, both international and domestic
- Professional development training in areas such as networking, project and time management, R&D management, and more
More details about benefits are available on the IBET website (external link)
To be considered for this award, you must:
- Self-identify as Indigenous* or Black
- Be a Canadian citizen or have permanent residency status in Canada
- Meet the minimum admission requirements in your chosen PhD program in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
- Have applied for Spring 2023 or Fall 2023 admission in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
*First Nations (status or non-status), Inuit, and Métis
Applications are being accepted from January 1, 2023 until June 30, 2023.
- Submit your application (external link) , along with supporting documents (see page 3 of application form for details)
- Applications will be reviewed after the June deadline by the FEAS Graduate Awards Committee, which will select recipients on the basis of information provided in their award application, their graduate program application, and any relevant supplementary information.
- Successful applicant(s) will be informed by email, in advance of a faculty-wide announcement.
To remain eligible for the fellowship for all four years, you must:
- Remain registered full-time in your doctoral program in the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science. If you transfer out of the program, you will not continue to receive the fellowship
- Maintain good academic standing in your PhD program for the duration of the fellowship;
- Submit annual reports on your progress for use in promotion and donor stewardship activities, and attend an annual celebration of the fellowship program.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.