Sonny Wong, M.Ed.
Since 2008, Sonny Wong has been your exclusive Faculty of Arts Licensed Career Counsellor. He offers one-on-one confidential counselling session and customized sharing group sessions to assist Arts students develop their personal strengths, resilience, and academic/career well-being. The focus of career counselling is to work with you in the areas of educational and career decision-making with the goal of constructing your healthy career identity. Everyone should be able to flourish in their own unique personal, academic and professional areas.
Sonny Wong, RP, holds a M.Ed. with a focus on Work and Career from the University of Toronto – OISE and is a good standing member of OACCPP – Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrics, and Psychotherapists. To better serve you, Sonny is a Registered Positive Psychotherapist with specialized training in Applied Positive Psychology, Solution Focused Counselling and Narrative Therapy. In 2014, he was awarded with the Faculty of Arts Exceptional Leadership Award and in 2016 his was the recipient of the Leadership Award for excellence in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy from the University of Toronto – Faculty of Social Work. Sonny is part of the Students Experience Centre – a Faculty of Arts Dean’s Initiative and he is a member of the Centre for Students Development and Counselling at Ryerson University.
Ask Sonny about:
- How to make tough decisions on what curiosity you want to develop into interests and career options
- How to identify the steps to take to feel like you are getting the most out of your undergraduate learning, studying and skills development
- How to find your dreams and aspirations
- How to deal with other people's perceptions (ie: friends and parents) related to your degree
- How to find the answer to that question: “What are you going to do with an Arts Degree?”
- Book an appointment - please email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org