How to upload your documents
Step 1: Get your student number
Get your TMU Student Number from your application acknowledgment email.
If you already have a TMU Student Number and a TMU Online Identity, you can skip to Step 3.
Step 2: Activate your online identity
Activate your TMU Online Identity. Fill in the activation form at torontomu.ca/accounts. When asked for your Student/Applicant ID, enter your nine-digit TMU Student Number. Keep a record of your username and password.
Step 3: Go to your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal to upload
24 hours after activating your TMU Online Identity, visit your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal to submit documents. Your session will time out if there are 30 minutes of inactivity. To ensure the security of your account, please log out after each use.
- Only upload the documents indicated in your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal. Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) reserves the right to remove an uploaded document if the quality is unacceptable (e.g. illegible), if a virus is detected, or if the document doesn’t match the item on the checklist. Please review the required documents list on the document submission page.
- A grading scale must also be provided if it’s not shown on the transcript (you can usually find this on the back of the document).
- Don’t upload course syllabi/descriptions or any other documents with your transcripts.
- Please note, current Ontario secondary school students can't upload transcripts.
- Your full name must appear on all uploaded documents.
- All critical and identifying marks and information must be legible. For transcripts, these include the institution’s name and grading scheme, your name, the course titles, course credits and the grades you have received.
- The scanned document orientation should match the original. For example, transcripts with a vertical orientation (portrait) should be scanned so that they appear in the portrait format. Transcripts with a horizontal orientation (landscape) should appear in landscape format.
- Scanning at a resolution of 300 DPI is recommended.
- An individual file may not exceed 50 MB (51,200 KB) in size (please refer to our document submission FAQ page for tips on reducing file size).
- Don’t upload all your supporting documents as one file. The document uploaded must match the checklist item.
- If your document contains more than one page, ensure that all pages are in the correct order.
- Upload all information found on the reverse of a transcript as part of the same document (i.e. grading scale).
- The file name of any uploaded document must not contain any punctuation, except an underscore (_), which can be used to separate words. Keep the file name short and relevant to its content.
The following file types are acceptable without a digital signature or password protection: