You are now in the main content area
Apply for membership today!
Membership Application FAQs
What do I need to apply to the DFZ?
In our DFZ membership application form we will ask you a series of intake questions regarding your creative project, practice, and fabrication experience. Additionally, we will ask you to provide the following information:
- Contact info (for yourself and all team members)
- Professional bio
- Name and contact info of 2 academic and/or professional references
- a URL link to your CV or resume
- a URL link to your portfolio (Experimental Track applicants only)
- a URL link to your business model Canvas (Start-up Track applicants only)
- Project timeline
I've submitted my application for membership... now what?
After undergoing a preliminary screening process, successful membership applications will be invited to partake in an interview with the Design Fabrication Zone Admissions team.
How long does the application process take?
It takes approximately 1 month from submitting a successful application to on-boarding as a DFZ member.
I'm not sure if membership is right for me... what can I do?
The DFZ hosts regular Information Sessions for those curious about membership at the DFZ. If you'd like to discuss your project idea, inquire about the DFZ's programming or ask any other questions, check out our Contact Page to learn more.