Message from the Vice-President
I am delighted to share with you Toronto Metropolitan University’s 2020-2025 Strategic Research Plan (SRP).
The SRP articulates the university’s strategic strengths and reflects the diverse scholarly, research, and creative activity that is taking place across the institution.
The new SRP sets the stage for the next five years with the identification of research themes, examples of current areas of focus, and strategic objectives. It draws on the plans of our faculties, partners, and stakeholders, and has been developed in alignment with the creation of the university’s new Academic Plan. The SRP also supports the recommendations of the (PDF file) Truth and Reconciliation Community Consultation Summary Report.
Toronto Metropolitan University is a globally connected city university, and the SRP expresses our belief that inclusive and collaborative approaches are essential to great research, and our commitment to cooperation and partnerships with diverse communities, industry, stakeholders, and government.
The 2020-2025 SRP was developed through an iterative consultation process that included a series of 15 town halls as well as smaller group meetings and online engagement with the Toronto Metropolitan University community. I would like to express my sincere thanks to everyone who participated in this process and the Steering Committee for their guidance and support.
As we move towards the implementation of the new SRP, the Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation looks forward to working collaboratively to scale our scholarly, research, and creative activities in order to continue this institution’s trajectory of excellence and to ensure Toronto Metropolitan University’s success now and in the future.
Strategic Research Plan Steering Committee
- Naomi Adelson, Chair, Associate Vice-President, Research and Innovation
- David Cramb, Dean, Faculty of Science
- Dagmawi Degefu, Postdoctoral Researcher, Faculty of Science
- Sepali Guruge, Faculty of Community Services
- Dan Jakubek, Toronto Metropolitan University Library
- Fahim Khan, Undergraduate Student, Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
- Lynn Lavallée, Strategic Lead, Indigenous Resurgence, Faculty of Community Services
- Ali Mazalek, The Creative School
- Catherine Middleton, Ted Rogers School of Management
- Melina Ovanessian, Graduate Student, Faculty of Arts
- Ruth Panofsky, Faculty of Arts
- Pawel Pralat, Faculty of Science
- Peggy Shannon, The Creative School
- Sharareh Taghipour, Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
- Josephine Wong, Faculty of Community Services
The (PDF file) 2020-2025 Strategic Research Plan (opens in new window) is available for download on the Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation website.