Type of Appointment: Part Time - 24 hours per week
Posting Date: May 30, 2023
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: April 28, 2024
Hourly Pay: $18/hour
The position is to provide technical and administrative support to the daily operation of the Technology Resource Centre. The position acts as a frontline liaison between the technical staff and students and faculty in order to ensure well organized and efficient distribution, inventory and retrieval of all Image Arts Technical equipment and resources.
- Coordinates the Technology Resource Centre resources access for faculty, students and staff.
- Advises students on the proper and safe use of cage equipment, as well astechniques and procedures for equipment use.
- Distribute a full range of equipment and facilities from students, staff and faculty with the aid of the Image Arts automated Checkout system Web Checkout).
- Assist full time staff with checkouts, reservations, inventory and organization of the Technology Resource Centre
- Assist with regular and resource specific cleaning and maintenance.
- Checks all returned equipment for damage and ongoing maintenance; determines damage/repair needs
- Create accurate reports on equipment and facility use, misuse and lateness and submit to the Equipment Distribution Technician
- Report technical problems and student and faculty concerns to appropriate staff.
- Monitors stock levels, conducts inventory checks and informs the Equipment Distribution Technician when materials are needed.
- Works in front-line operation of The Technology Resource Centre, handles telephone requests for equipment and facilities from students, faculty and other staff for booking or for cancellations and extensions.
Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma program in film or photographic studies with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience ideally within a university environment.
- Proven experience operating complex computer applications as they apply to photography, audio, video, and digital media production, as well as experience working with Google Workspace.
- Must have either photographic or film production experience and be familiar with film/photographic processes and equipment.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to advise faculty and students on all types of photo and film production equipment, facility requirements, and ongoing operational requirements.
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task is required in order to analyze facility and equipment related problems to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- A well-developed commitment to work and eagerness to support the Image Arts community.
Applications and questions can be addressed to Jonathan Duder and sent to email@example.com noting the job title “Technology Resource Centre Attendant ” in the subject line.
*All appointments are contingent on student enrollment and/or budgetary constraints.
Job Opening ID: 374867
Posting date: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Application Deadline: Friday, June 16, 2023.
Applications must be filed within the TMU Careers website - http://www.torontmu.ca/jobs (external link) no later than 11:59 p.m. EST time on Friday, June 16, 2023.
You must include a cover letter indicating which course(s) you are applying for. Otherwise, your application will not be considered. Make sure to combine your cover letter and resume in one PDF file.
If you have questions or require any accommodation(s) at any point during the application/hiring process, please contact HR Client Services at 416-979-5075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions for Image Arts? Please contact Manager, Operations, Finance and Administration:
School of Image Arts
Toronto Metropolitan University University
350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ont.