Stream Video Platform (integration with Brightspace)
What is Stream Video Platform?
Stream is a video streaming platform powered by YuJa (external link) . All faculty and staff have access to upload video content to Stream through the integration with D2L Brightspace.
Why should I use Stream Video Platform instead of Google Drive?
Stream Video Platform is integrated with D2L Brightspace, so you can ensure that content sharing with your class is secure. Sharing with Stream is simpler and only takes a few clicks. Stream can also provide you with your students’ usage analytics in how they are engaging your content
4. Once the Stream Media Chooser loads, select the video from your Media Library to embed.
5. Click on the three dots on the corner of the video thumbnail and check Publish to Course.
6. Click Insert Content. Verify that the content is embedded properly in the preview. Note: If the Insert Content button is not visible because you are on a smaller screen, drag the bottom-right corner of the dialog box to make it bigger.
7. Click Insert.
8. Click Save and Close.
Posting Video Quizzes on Brightspace
Having a quiz within a video is an effective way to engage students. In this guide, you will learn the steps to create a video quiz on the Stream Video Platform, and then make the quiz available in your D2L Brightspace shell.
Note: Before posting your quiz, double-check your questions and answers, as you will not be able to edit the original quiz. To edit your quizzes, you must create a new draft to repost on D2L Brightspace.
1. In the video quiz previewer, click the Post button in the top right corner of the screen.
2. A pop-up window with a list of available course shells will appear.
Click the down arrow next to the course shell you would like to use in order to access additional settings like the quiz open and close date.
3. Navigate back to the Content module in your D2L Brightspace shell.
4. Click Existing Activities.
5. From the dropdown menu, click Stream Media Chooser (Quicklink). A pop-up window will appear.
6. Click the Quizzes tab
7. Select the video quiz you want to insert.
8. Click Insert Content.
9. Your video quiz will now appear in the module.
You can verify if your quiz was uploaded successfully by checking if a corresponding Grade Item (with the same name) has automatically been added under the Grades menu.