Dr. Farhad Ein-Mozaffari
Areas of Academic Interest
Flow visualization (tomography and ultrasonic velocimetry)
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Non-Newtonian fluid flow
Discrete Element Method (DEM)
Dynamic modeling and identification
|2002||University of British Columbia||PhD|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|CHE 44/B||Plant Design|
|CE8303||Advanced Fluid Dynamics
Farhad Ein-Mozaffari is compelled by a desire to give back to society. “If I can help advance material production, everyone will have access to lower-cost pharmaceuticals.” It’s a life-changing goal, one he is working towards through his research in the highly specialized field of fluid mixing.
The research is progressing well. NSERC has granted him funding and several of Canada’s largest pharmaceutical companies have partnered with his lab. Ein-Mozaffari credits these successes to the hard work and discipline of his research group, which includes post-doc, master’s, and PhD students.
Ein-Mozaffari selects his team members carefully, saying that you need well-rounded students to establish a thriving research program—those with deep knowledge, exceptional communication skills and the drive to make a difference. “That’s why I’m so happy to be at Ryerson,” he adds. “Those are exactly the kinds of engineers we train.”
"The best coaches know how to motivate."
- Dean’s SRC (Scholarly, Research and Creative Activity) Awards, 2014 and 2017
- Dean’s Service Award, 2017
- YSGS Outstanding Contribution to Graduate Education, 2016
- Ryerson University Co-op Employer Mentor Award, 2015
- Jegatheeswaran, S., and F. Ein-Mozaffari, “Investigation of the Detrimental Effect of the Rotational Speed on Gas Holdup in Non-Newtonian Fluids with Scaba-Anchor Coaxial Mixer: A Paradigm Shift in Gas-Liquid Mixing”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 383, Article 123118, pp. 1-10 (2020).
- Kazemzadeh, A., C. Elias, M. Tamer, A. Lohi, and F. Ein-Mozaffari, “Mass Transfer in a Single-Use Angled-Shaft Aerated Stirred Bioreactor Applicable for Animal Cell Culture”, Chemical Engineering Science, 219, Article 115606, pp. 1-11 (2020).
- Jamshidzadeh, M., A. Kazemzadeh, F. Ein-Mozaffari, and A. Lohi, “Analysis of Power Consumption for Gas Dispersion in Non-Newtonian Fluids with a Coaxial Mixer: New Correlations for Reynolds and Power Numbers “, Chemical Engineering Journal, 401, Article 126002, pp. 1-14 (2020).
- Jamshidzadeh, M., F. Ein-Mozaffari, and A. Lohi, “Local and Overall Gas Holdup in an Aerated Coaxial Mixing System Containing a Non-Newtonian Fluid”, AIChE Journal, 66(11), e17016, pp. 1-16 (2020).
- Jegatheeswaran, S., and F. Ein-Mozaffari, “Use of Gas Helicity as an Indicator to Evaluate Impeller Design and its Gas holdup: Proof of Concept for the Intensification of Gas-Liquid Mixing”, Chemical Engineering and Processing - Process Intensification, 156, 108091, pp. 1-13 (2020).
- Subject Editor: Chemical Engineering Research and Design published by Elsevier
- Technical Program Co-chair: XXIX Interamerican Congress of Chemical Engineering incorporating 68th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference, Toronto, Canada, October 28-3, 2018