Dr. Dogan Tirtiroglu
Dogan Tirtiroglu is a Professor in the Real Estate Management Department and has been chairing it since September 2019. He holds a PhD degree in Finance from the University of Connecticut, USA and held academic posts at Salisbury University, USA, Concordia University, Canada, University of Cambridge, UK, University of Adelaide, Australia, and Kadir Has University and Isik University, Turkey. He is both a peer-elected academic fellow of the Homer Hoyt Institute, USA and an affiliated researcher of the Financial Mathematics group of the Institute of Applied Mathematics at the Middle East Technical University, Turkey.
His research interests are broad and cover real estate (in particular REITs and house price indices), banking and corporate finance. He has published papers in the Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Real Estate Economics, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Journal of Housing Economics, Journal of Regional Science, Financial Management, Journal of Banking and Finance, among others, and has several new research papers in different stages of production. He has taught finance and real estate courses at undergraduate, MBA, MSc, MPhil, MComm and PhD levels, and supervised the theses of numerous post-graduate students throughout his academic career. He has been a long-standing member of the Financial Management Association and the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, was the principal organizer of the 2011 Asia-Pacific Real Estate Research Symposium in Adelaide, Australia, has been one of the two founding co-organizers of the annual RealPAC/Toronto Metropolitan University Canadian Commercial Real Estate Symposium, and serves on the editorial boards of the American Business Review and the Journal of Urban Design and on the research committee of RealPAC.
Real estate finance, Banking, Corporate finance.
- Directed readings in real estate studies (PhD level)
- Real estate finance (undergraduate and MBA levels)
- Real estate economics (undergraduate level)
- Real estate strategy (undergraduate level)
- Corporate finance (undergraduate, MSc and MBA levels)
- Financial management (undergraduate and MBA levels)
- Risk management (MComm level)
- Debt financing of real estate assets and securitization (MPhil level)
- Asset valuation (MPhil level)
- Research methods (MSc and MPhil levels)
- Investment theory (MSc level)
Please visit the Google Scholar Profile, external link, opens in new window to read more about Dr. Dogan Tirtiroglu receiving 1,448 citations so far. Two more papers are published in 2020 - one in Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance and another in American Business Review.
|Year||Honour / Award
|Since 2009||Peer-elected fellow of the Homer Hoyt Institute
|2009||Best paper award FIRN Meeting, Adelaide, Australia|
Currently, a co-investigator of a three-year SSHRC grant on the recent troubles of real estate assets, arising from retail sector's transformation (Lead researcher: Dr. Tony Hernandez).
- Financial Management Association
- American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association
- European Real Estate Society
- Homer Hoyt Institute (fellow)
- PhD (Finance) University of Connecticut, CT, USA 1991
- MBA St John Fisher College, Rochester, NY, USA, 1987
- BSc (Honors) Business Administration (Quantitative Focus) Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1983