I am the Director of the Occupational Biomechanics, Ergonomics, and Injury Prevention (OBEIP) lab at the School of Occupational and Public Health.
The focus of my research is on the application of technology for the evaluation and control of occupational health and safety risks in collaboration with industries and construction sectors. A few of the projects I have worked on to develop and patent include the Personal Lift Assist Device (PLAD), Dynamic Trunk Support (DTS) tool, and Chamber Lid Removal Tool (CLRT), all designed to reduce musculoskeletal injuries for certain activities.
I also work closely with industrial hygienists and OHS professionals to conduct research related to workplace noise risk assessment and exposure, sitting and standing activities, evaluation of dry EEG biosensors, and the development of algorithms for early identification of drowsiness.
My mission is to bridge the gap between academia and industry. Leveraging my experience and knowledge, I founded WSC Work Safety Consultants Inc. to directly work with various stakeholders and provide consulting services related to liability and risk reduction.
I am committed to fostering a workplace culture in which all stakeholders operate in harmony with one another in the pursuit of their best interests. Through education and action, we can ensure the health and well-being of all individuals in the process of achieving economic endeavours.
- Occupational biomechanics
- Industrial hygiene
- Noise and vibration in workplaces
Sole Inventor of Personal Lift Assist Device (PLAD)
- 2004: International Patent Application No. PCT/CA2004/002134
- 2006: Canadian Patent Application No. 2,547,270
- 2006: European Patent Application No. 04802309.7
Sole Inventor of Stationary Trunk Support (DTS)
- 2008: US Patent registration No. 12,222,013;
- 2008: Canadian Patent registration Entitled
Sole Inventor of Reaching Trunk Support Device (RTSD)
- 2014: Canadian Patent registration Entitled.
Sole Inventor of Chamber Lid Remover Tool (CLRT)
- Provisional patent application for the “chamber lid remover tool” filed on January 2015.
- Abdoli-E M., Agababova M., Pasko E., Janabi J., Damecour C, Evaluation and Comparison of Lifting Techniques Among Individuals with Different Levels of Lifting Training. Journal of Applied Ergonomics, Vol 78, 120–126, 2019.
- McLenon T., Petal S., Behar A., and Abdoli-E. M. Evaluation of smartphone sound level meter applications as a reliable tool for noise monitoring. Journal of occupational and environmental hygiene, (2019), 1-8.
- Ziaei M., H., Choobineh A., Abdoli-E. M., Ghaem H., Jaberi O., Psychological and physical job demands, decision latitude, and work-related social support among Iranian waste collectors. Journal of Waste Management, 95 (2019) 377–387.
- Behar A., Abdoli-E. M, and Chasin M., Mosher S.: Field attenuation of individual orchestra shields. Journal of Canadian Acoustics, Vol 46. No. 3 (2018)1 -15.
- Behar A., Chasin M.,Mosher S. Abdoli-E. M, and F. Russo.: Noise exposure and hearing loss in classical orchestra musicians: A five years follow up. Journal of noise and health, Mar-Apr; 20(93): 42–46, 2018.
- Ziaei M., H., Choobineh A., Abdoli-E. M., Ghaem H., Individual, physical, and organizational risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders among municipality solid waste collectors in Shiraz, Iran, Journal of industrial health. Journal of Industrial Health, 56-4 , 405, 2018.
- Luo Y., Pham A., Behar A., Mosher S., and Abdoli-E. M., Sound attenuation of acoustic shields. Journal of Canadian Acoustics. Vol. 46 No 1 (29-35) 2018.
- Abdoli-E M, Damecour C. Biomechanics of leaning on a desk and using an external upper body trunk support. Journal of Ergonomics, 58(2):208-19, 2015.