You are now in the main content area
Logos of the various schools involved in the Nursing Collaborative Degree program

Preparation for September

Information specific to the college site you have confirmed to can be found in the publications posted below. It is extremely important you read this information so that you are familiar with the policies and procedures of your college site.

If you have a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP), you may be required to confirm your enrolment in order to access your savings. If you are a new first-year student, you can request a verification of enrolment letter through your college site after July 1st.

Centennial College - Confirmation of Enrolment and RESP (external link, opens in new window) 

George Brown College - Confirmation of Enrolment and RESP (external link, opens in new window) 

The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) provides financial assistance through student loans and grants funded by the federal and provincial governments to students enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies.

Note: You must indicate the name of the college site you will be attending (Centennial or George Brown College) or your funds will not be released to you come September.

To avoid delays in receiving your assessment and funds, you must:

  • June: Apply online on the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities OSAP website.
  • Mid-July: Submit all supporting documentation and signature pages by uploading your documentation to your OSAP portal.
  • By end of August: Enrol in course load as reported on your OSAP application. See Enrol in Courses for details.

Check your application status on the OSAP website (external link, opens in new window) . If successful, your funds will be deposited into your college site account or your bank account starting after the first day of class. See Enrolment and Fees for information on how your OSAP application affects the payment of your tuition and fees.

Information on residence and off-campus housing can found at your confirmed site in the web address provided below:

Centennial Site
Residence 416-438-2216 (external link, opens in new window) 

George Brown site
Housing Office 416-415-5000, ext. 2101 (external link, opens in new window) 

In accordance with the policy of the Collaborative Nursing Degree program, in compliance with the Public Hospitals Act and other legislation, and to meet the requirements of the nursing practice placement settings utilized by the program, the Practice Requirements Record must be completed in its entirety by your health-care provider (HCP). In addition, you are responsible for arranging your own CPR classes at the Basic Life Support (BLS) level only. CPR-Level A, Level C, Level AED etc. are not acceptable. You must also register either for the Standard First Aid in-class or Blended Format (First Aid and CPR-BLS) training course.

The completion of all aforementioned documentation and annual updating of the Practice Requirements Record is your responsibility for the duration of your studies within the Collaborative Nursing Degree program. The completed Practice Requirements Record must be presented to your college site contact by November 2024. Refer to the appropriate link provided below for further instructions.

Centennial College - Practice Requirements Information (external link, opens in new window) 

George Brown College - Practice Requirements Information (external link, opens in new window) 

Upon admission, you will require yearly, 'clear' vulnerable sector police checks in order to be registered in the practice courses of the curriculum. In some cases, students may be required to renew their vulnerable sector police check more frequently, at the discretion of the placement site. You are responsible to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Police Check application form and cover the necessary cost for the police checks. If you reside in the Toronto region (areas in which your postal code begins with ‘M’), you must come to your admitted site to complete the consent form. Please bring valid identification information with you (e.g., driver’s license). Cost will vary, and you need to retain your receipt. Please note that the Toronto Police Services may take up to 12 weeks to process your police check. Information about the Toronto Police Check Reference Program is available on their website: (external link, opens in new window) 

If you live in other municipalities (e.g., Peel or York region) please go to your police headquarters.

Please attach the original copy of your police check to your Practice Requirements Record.

Submit your vulnerable sector police check as soon as you receive it. All BScN students are required to obtain a yearly vulnerable sector police check. As it may takes a long time for the police checks to be processed, it is advised that you begin the process immediately.

Centennial College
Clinical Placement Administrative Officer
School of Community and Health Studies (opens in new window) 

416-289-5000, ext. 8122

George Brown College
Suzette Martinuzzi
Pre Placement Health Services
Human Resources: Health & Safety
Waterfront Campus (opens in new window) 

416-415-5000, ext. 3415

If you are applying as an international student, you will need to retain a copy of the police clearance that is done at the time of your study permit application.

All nursing students must be mask fitted in their first and third years of the program with a certified safety respirator mask for infection control purposes. The cards must clearly state the mask type (model) and size. The mask must attain a proper seal to be effective. This requires that students must remove all facial hair and any clothing that restricts access to their full face at the time of fitting and at any time during a clinical placement when students may be required by the placement setting to wear their masks.

Prior to entering into clinical practice, all students will be required to purchase the school uniform (scrubs) during the fall term. Collaborative placement photo ID badges will also be obtained during the first term of study. Further details will be provided at a later date.

Request for transfer credit must be done through Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU). Please visit the Transfer Credits site for further details and instructions.

If you wish to use the TMU library, you must present your home site photo I.D./library card at the library circulation desk. You must be in good standing with your home institution library and have registered with that library. Completion of an application for 'direct borrower' or 'collaborative borrower' privileges is required. There is no charge for this service.

Each institution will have its own rules regarding the number and types of items than can be borrowed. You must adhere to all rules and policies of the library from which you wish to borrow. No reference or reserve items may be borrowed. As a 'direct' or 'collaborative' borrower, you do not have access to electronic databases belonging to other institutions, nor are you eligible to use the Internet or email at that institution.