You are now in the main content area
Pre-Arrival Guide: Coming to Toronto Metropolitan University
In April 2022, Ryerson University changed its name to Toronto Metropolitan University. Our new name better reflects our values and promises a future filled with possibilities, and will be implemented in a phased approach. Learn more about our next chapter.
Moving to a new country, even for the short-term, is exciting! But it also requires a lot of organisation. We’re here to help you get ready. Use our pre-departure resources to help you prepare for your move to Toronto.
There are a number of ways Toronto Metropolitan University can support you with the exchange process and pre-arrival preperations.
- Exchange Program Coordinator
- Ryerson International
- International Student Support
Get information on what to bring onboard including visa requirements and health insurance and pack in your carry-on bag.
- Canadian Imigration Requirements
- COVID-19 Entry Requirements
- Mandatory Health Insurance
- What To Bring
Plan your arrival ahead of class start dates to ensure you have enough time to settle in and familiarize yourself with our campus.
- Important Dates
It is important to have certain documents prepared and presented when passing through Immigiration and Customs.
- Documents to Have Ready
- Going Through Customs and Immigration With a Disability
- What to expect After Landing
Toronto Metropolitan University is located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Find useful information on moving into the city.
- Toronto Metropolitan University COVID-19 Requirements
- Local COVID-19 Requirements and Measures
- Living in Toronto Guide
- Emergency Contact Information