You are now in the main content area
9 Reasons to Choose GCM at Toronto Metropolitan University
9 Reasons to Choose Graphic Communications Management
- GCM is Canada’s only degree program for the printing industry and is one of the top programs of its kind in North America.
- GCM is renowned amongst industry leaders. Being a part of it means you’ll be a highly sought after professional.
- Thanks to our reputation and industry connections, students often receive multiple job offers prior to graduation.
- Our school has an extremely high graduate placement rate. Many students use the internship and annual Job Fair as first steps to shaping their dream careers.
- GCM combines the technology and creativity of graphic communications with the analytical and strategic principles of business and management.
- You’ll have the option to pursue a Concentration in Packaging, Digital Graphics, Publishing or Leadership. Many students also add a Minor, from over 50 options.
- Students complete an internship between third and fourth year.
- These work placements often lead to part-time employment in fourth year and full-time work after graduation. Best of all, these positions are paid.
- Small class sizes and hands-on lab courses means our professors will know you by name.
- The class sizes also help you build personal connections with instructors and classmates. Developing a professional network for the future comes naturally here at GCM.
- Our labs feature state-of-the-art computer, printing and finishing technologies. Generous industry support means you’re working on the cutting edge software and equipment that the pros use.
- Small lab sections allow you to get to know classmates and professors.
- Industry leaders and successful companies support GCM students with generous scholarships and awards, company tours and guest speakers.
- These relationships also give students rare opportunities to attend major showcases and events.
- GCM has many student clubs and initiatives you can join, whether you’re looking to beef up your resume or social calendar.
- These groups often attend industry conferences, competitions and trade shows in North America and Europe.
The Creative School, of which GCM is a part of, is home to Canada’s leading creative and communications programs.
You’ll have the chance to work on extracurricular projects alongside students of fashion, film, photography, journalism, theatre and more. These unique collaborations will create new possibilities for professional development, and will help you develop close relationships with the future leaders of the creative industries.