Natalia Lumby is an educator and researcher with a passion for packaging, design and sustainability. Currently she is the Chair in Graphic Communications Management at The Creative School, where she has been teaching since 2008. Her research interests are largely in sustainable business models for the food and beverage industry, with a focus on packaging. Natalia looks at packaging systems from a variety of stakeholder perspectives. She has investigated innovations in packaging technology and evaluated the performance of systems and processes in packaging. Natalia is currently completing a PhD in Management at the Ted Rogers School of Management. She is also a Judge for the PAC Global Leadership Awards in the International Packaging Innovation category.
- PhD in Management, TRSM | TMU (currently enrolled)
- Master of Management Science, TRSM | Ryerson University, 2010
- Bachelor in Technology, GCM | Ryerson University, 2006
sustainable packaging, sustainable business models, circular economy, reuse, sufficiency
Abdelrazik, D., Park, J. & Lumby, N. (2021) Packaging alcoholic beverages. In Russell, I. & Stewart, G. (Eds.), Whiskey Technology, Production and Marketing, 3rd Edition. Elsevier.
Lumby, N., & Park, J. (2021). Packaging for Probiotic Beverages. In Russell, I., Panda, S., Kellershohn, J. (Eds.), Probiotic Beverages. Elsevier. pp.339-360
Whyte, A., Lumby, N., & El Asaleh, R. (2017, September). An Investigation of 3D Visualization for Prototyping Packages. 44th International Research Conference of IARIGAI. Fribourg, Switzerland. Advances in Printing and Media Technology, XLIV(IV), pp. 71-78.
Lumby, N. & Ambedkar, C. (2016) Buyer Expectations for Print: Analysis and Strategic Recommendations for First On Colour, Business Innovation Access Program.
Lumby, N. (2015, September). Typographic test form. 42nd International Research Conference of IARIGAI. Helsinki, Finland. Advances in Printing and Media Technology, XLII(II), pp. 25-32.
Miric, M., & Lumby, N. (2015). Exploration of Affordances in Subscription–Based Digital Magazines. International Circular of Graphic Education and Research, (8), 54–63.
- Researcher at the Institute for Innovation and Technology Management
- Board member at the Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications
- GCM 130 – Design and Layout
- GCM 720 – Magazine Production and Publishing
- GCM 375 – Project Management for Graphic Communications
- Best Paper Presentation award at the 38th, 39th, and 42nd iarigai Conferences
- Deans’ Teaching Award, Ryerson University, Canada, 2014