Human Rights Services
What we do
We work with members of the TMU community to ensure a study, work and living environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our services are free and confidential to TMU community members including students, faculty and staff. We also administer TMU’s Discrimination and Harassment Policy (opens in new window) and Sexual Violence Policy (opens in new window) .
We advocate for a community where the dignity of all members is respected and upheld. Our overall goal is to foster a human rights-centred campus culture and to meet the university’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion.
Visit the Human Rights Services website for more information about our services and what to expect.
We can help you respond to human rights concerns
The Human Rights Services team can offer consultation, coaching, and information about options that may be available to you as it relates to human rights concerns. If you choose to file a complaint, we can guide you through the process. Besides handling investigations, we also consult and provide alternate forms of resolution.
In particular, you can turn to us for:
- free and confidential complaint resolution services for issues related to human rights and sexual violence
- information about the options available to address human rights concerns through consultation, conciliation and investigation
- referrals to the appropriate services when a complaint does not fall under our jurisdiction
- connecting you with supports on matters involving sexual violence
- conciliation through mediation when parties involved agree that an alternate resolution is possible and preferable to an investigation
We also provide educational opportunities through workshops, seminars and presentations to promote awareness of human rights issues, the law and the rights and responsibilities of all members of the TMU community.
Get in touch
If you have any human rights-related questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-979-5349.