You are now in the main content area
The Decentering Migration Knowledge (DemiKnow) Project brings together four migration research centres, from Australia, Canada, China and India, to create new knowledge about migration scholars from the Global South and North about:
- The roles of families in migration in different contexts
- Navigating different structures, cultures, and interests in collaborative international research
Working in interdependent teams, we will:
- Study how families shape migration decisions; facilitate and impede settlement and integration of migrants; and are impacted by migration related policies and processes.
- Create opportunities for emergent scholars and students to enhance their capacity for international work by conducting joint studies and exchanging visits
- Jointly prepare a proposal for a large-scale migration research project informed by lessons learned from DemiKnow
This work is funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.