How will the pandemic shift migration between China and Africa?
- March 18, 2021
- 9:00 AM EDT - 10:00 AM EDT
- Online via Zoom
Covid-19 has given rise to pandemic nationalism, discrimination, and heavy-handed prevention measures against migrants from and within the Global South. What will the future look like for migration between China and Africa after the pandemic?
CERC Migration and openDemocracy co-hosted a live discussion to investigate the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on Sino-African relations.
- Roberto Castillo, Assistant Professor, Cultural Studies Department, Lingnan University
- Solange Guo Chatelard, Research Associate, Universite Libre de Bruxelles
- Xianan Jin, PhD Candidate, Centre for Gender Studies, SOAS, University of London
- Abdul-Gafar Tobi Oshodi, Lecturer, Department of Political Science, Lagos State University
- Chair: Oreva Olakpe, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, CERC Migration, Ryerson University