At Toronto Met Day Camps, we have offered opportunities for active learning in a safe and fun setting for 40 years. We are proud to welcome children and young adults aged 6 – 17 years to the beautiful campus of Toronto Metropolitan University in downtown Toronto. Our day camp program that is renowned for its high-quality instruction, and experienced and caring camp staff.
Developed through Toronto Metropolitan University's Department of Athletics & Recreation, our Toronto Met Day Camps offer almost limitless options for summer fun. Most day camp programs are one week in length, though many campers choose to attend for multiple weeks and try different programs that interest and challenge them.
Our Sport Camps are offered in partnership with the TMU Bold varsity teams (basketball, hockey, soccer, and volleyball).
Our Discovery Camps are a collaboration with the Departments of Architecture, Engineering, Science, Toronto Metropolitan Library’s Digital Media Experience Lab, as well as Film Camp In A Box (film programming).
We are accredited members of the Ontario Camps Association (external link) , meaning we belong to an organization that is recognized worldwide for its commitment to making Ontario a premiere destination for camping. The OCA Standards are designed to ensure that OCA Accredited Camps deliver a program and experience that is safe, fun, and of a high quality.
To qualify for accreditation, we must:
- Follow the OCA Standards for professionalism, accessibility, and safety.
- Follow all relevant provincial and federal government legislation.
- Be visited regularly for re-accreditation.
We can’t wait to see you at Camp!
Our goal is to celebrate each and every camper for who and what they are. We want to make a meaningful and lasting contribution to the lives of our campers. Each year, we see the tremendous growth and development that a summer camp experience can provide a child. Through active learning, it is our hope that each camper comes away with a greater sense of self-confidence, independence, and sense of belonging.
Toronto Met Day Camp is one of the many programs offered through Toronto Metropolitan University’s Department of Athletics & Recreation. Our camp was founded in 1984, with an original focus on sport and recreation opportunities for children and youth.
Over the years, our program has evolved to offer a Leader In Training program for teens, Sport Camps through Toronto Metropolitan University's varsity Bold teams (hockey, basketball, soccer, and volleyball), and Discovery Camps in partnership with University faculties (Science and Engineering, Architecture, Journalism, TMU Library, Ted Rogers School of Management) and industry partners (Film Camp In A Box)
We now welcome over 600 campers to the TMU campus each Summer, and employ over 50 staff members with our various camp programs.
Toronto Met Day Camp is committed to creating a welcoming community where everyone is accepted, included and celebrated.
We believe in:
- Creating fair opportunities for everyone at Camp
- Making sure everyone at Camp feels safe
- Communicate and work collaboratively with everyone in our community
- Provide opportunities at Camp for everyone to share their ideas and have their voices heard
We understand that:
- We need to keep an open mind
- We must engage in continuous learning to discover how we can better include, accept, and celebrate everyone at camp
We will work towards:
- Continuing to build a community where everyone feels welcome, safe and included
- Encouraging everyone at Camp to share and participate