The following table lists all Aerospace graduate courses being offered for the Winter 2024 term, which begins on Friday, January 12th, 2024.
|AE8104 Advanced Heat Transmission I
|Wed., 1p to 4p
|AE8108 Aircraft Turbine Engines
|Tues., 12p to 3p
|AE8119 Intro to Composite Materials
|Mon., 12p to 3p
|AE8138 Computational Dynamics
|Xi, FengFeng (Jeff)
|Tues., 3p to 6p
|AE8142 Aerospace Thermal Engineering
|Mon., 11a to 2p
|AE8201 Aircraft Certification
|Mon., 6p to 9p
|AE8203 Aircraft Systems Integration
|Wed., 6p to 9p
Disclaimer: Above times/days are subject to change. Course space availability cannot be guaranteed upon registration.
- For a list of all FEAS graduate elective courses offered for the Winter 2024 term, please visit the Graduate Course Electives website.
- For any non-aerospace engineering course registration, students must submit a completed and signed (PDF file) Course Substitution Request Form to the program office as these registrations must be processed manually. In most cases students must first obtain written permission from the course instructor and/or the hosting program prior to submitting the Course Substitution registration request. Not all graduate programs allow non-program students to take their courses (such as MBA), therefore please email and check with your home graduate program office first for instructions before either contacting the hosting program or submitting a Course Substitution Request Form for a particular non-AE course.
- You can check which courses are available this term via MyServiceHub at my.torontomu.ca. For detailed course descriptions and program curriculums please visit the Yeates School of Graduate Studies (YSGS) calendar website.
- Please note there is an enrolment restriction capping the number of course registrations for full-time students to five (5) per term and part-time students to two (2) per term. This cap includes the project/thesis/dissertation milestone. For example, a part-time project-option MEng student can do one (1) course plus the Project milestone in any given term.
- The deadline to add a course to your Winter 2024 timetable is Friday, January 26th, 2024. All Graduate Significant dates and deadlines can be found at the Yeates School of Graduate Studies Significant Dates website.
- The deadline to drop a course from your Winter 2024 timetable is Friday, March 28th, 2024. All Graduate Significant dates and deadlines can be found at the Yeates School of Graduate Studies Significant Dates website.
- To register in the AE8135 Directed Studies course, please read, complete and submit an approved (PDF file) Directed Studies Approval Form (AE8135) (PDF file) . You must also submit a Course Outline, completed by the supervisor/instructor, using the Senate-approved template which can be found on the Senate Resources website under Guides, templates and statements.
Full Course Listing
Detailed descriptions for each of the following courses, as well as a full program curriculum, can be found on Toronto Metropolitan University's Yeates School of Graduate Studies website: The Aerospace Engineering graduate program's official calendar.
- AE8102 Advanced Fluid Mechanics
- AE8104 Advanced Heat Transmission I
- AE8105 Advanced Heat Transmission II
- AE8106 Advanced Mechanics of Solids
- AE8108 Aircraft Turbine Engines
- AE8112 Computational Fluid Dynamics & Heat Transfer
- AE8115 Finite Element Method in Engineering
- AE8116 Flight Dynamics and Control of Aircraft
- AE8119 Introduction to Composite Materials
- AE8121 High Speed Aerodynamics
- AE8129 Rocket Propulsion
- AE8133 Space Mechanics
- AE8135 Directed Studies in Aerospace Engineering
- AE8137 Advanced Systems Control
- AE8138 Computational Dynamics
- AE8139 Multi-disciplinary Design Optimization of Aerospace Systems
- AE8140 Advanced Aerospace Structural Design
- AE8141 Advanced Aerospace Manufacturing
- AE8142 Aerospace Thermal Engineering
- AE8143 Avionics and Navigation
- AE8144 Computational Methods in Aerodynamic Analysis
- AE8145 Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites
- AE8146 Applied Aerodynamics
- AE8147 Testing & Evaluation of Composites
- AE8148 Spacecraft Dynamics and Control
- AE8149 Aerospace Systems Design
- AE8150 Special Topics: Aerodynamics and Propulsion
- AE8151 Special Topics: Structures and Manufacturing
- AE8152 Special Topics: Avionics and Systems
- AE8200 Diploma Report (PMDip only)
- AE8201 Aircraft Certification
- AE8202 Aircraft Safety & Reliability
- AE8203 Aircraft Systems Integration