Marketing and Creative Services
Telling the Toronto Metropolitan University story — that's the role of the Marketing & Creative Services team. Working with partners inside and outside the university to enhance the profile and reputation of TMU.
Based on your unit’s strategic objectives, we develop integrated marketing plans, designs and produce online and print collateral to bring your marketing initiatives to life.
Our goal is to create high-quality, compelling marketing and communications solutions that support the TMU brand and enhance its reputation to influence decisions that students, faculty, donors, partners, alumni and staff make about connecting with us.
Marketing and Creative Services will work with you to identify the ideal channels to reach your audience(s) and tell the TMU story in a consistent and unified way. We also maintain a roster of suppliers including writers (web), media planners, graphic designers, photographers and printers. Based on your unit’s communication objectives and budget, we can provide vendor recommendations.
Visit TMU Brand for guides and tools to understand our brand and how to apply it to your work. Together, we will strengthen Toronto Metropolitan University's reputation as the hub for inventive and purposeful thinkers and creators.
Marketing Strategy and Planning
Marketing and Creative Services provides marketing strategy and planning guidance to support the strategic goals and priorities of units and faculties.
Our team will work closely with you to understand your business needs and objectives and arrange for necessary resources to help:
- Determine how your brand fits within the larger university brand framework, how your text brand should be represented on digital and print collateral
- Facilitate research to gain insights for the development of brand fundamentals for your unit/faculty
- Define marketing plan objectives, identify priority audiences, develop marketing plans and liaise with vendors to execute plans
- Create compelling messaging, visuals and collateral that best represent your programs and services so that they resonate with your target audiences and elicit the desired response from them
- Develop a media strategy and plan for your unit/faculty
How to get started
Contact Marketing and Creative Services with all marketing strategy inquiries.
Creative Design and Production
Marketing and Creative Services creates high-quality marketing, advertising and communications materials to help you promote your programs, services and initiatives. We’ll work closely with you to determine the types of collateral that will best meet your marketing objectives, and help you create a project brief to clarify details, timelines and budget. We’ll review all details and confirm if your project can be completed in-house or sent to one or more of our external creative partners.
What we do
Subject to timing and internal resources, we offer project management, copy editing, design and printing (with external printers) for materials including:
- Digital ads: text, display, and animated
- Annual reports
- Print ads
Print prices vary depending on stock, quantity and the complexity of the piece. For printed materials, University Relations will charge a 15% mark-up on the best/chosen quote.
How to get started
Contact Design and Creative Services to get your project started. Please contact us as early as possible to ensure enough time is allocated for consultation, design, approvals and print.
Web and Digital Services
Marketing and Creative Services offers guidance, liaises with internal stakeholders and external vendors to offer web and digital content creation and design services. Our goal is to continually raise the profile and reputation of Toronto Metropolitan University by improving and enhancing our digital assets to create a presence that effectively represents the TMU brand while supporting the university’s strategic marketing and communication objectives.
What we do
- Provide advice and strategic guidance to departments and faculties on content development and strategy, graphic standards, visuals and video production.
- We collaborate with CCS, the university’s various web content managers and external vendors to optimize online communications opportunities and ensure alignment of brand position, look and feel via online activities.
- Design digital templates including e-newsletter, email header, display banner templates.
- Manage paid digital ad campaigns through various ad networks and social platforms
- Create customized Google Analytics website traffic reports
Digital Service Requests
How to get started
Contact Web and Digital Services with all web and digital inquiries.
Business Cards and Stationery
Marketing and Creative Services oversees the production of business cards and stationery items including envelopes, and print and digital letterhead. Guidelines and templates were created for these official university materials to communicate a consistent image and to reinforce the University's Brand.
Keeping in mind the university's objective to minimize printed material to reflect our commitment to sustainability, please reconsider the purpose of your print request.
If you have an urgent need for business cards or stationery, please email email@example.com with your order details and required delivery date.
How to Order
Staff and Faculty
Standard business cards, envelopes and letterhead can be ordered through an online ordering portal. (external link) To get started, please go to the portal website (external link) and create a new account.
Graduate Studies Students
Business card requests for Graduate Studies Students are placed through an administrator in the Graduate Studies Office.
Shipping and taxes are not included in the prices shown.
Costs for business cards, letterhead and envelopes are as follows:
||Business Card 1-Sided||Business Card 2-Sided|
- Cost for braille is $100 for order quantities of 500 or less.
- Additional fees apply for orders greater than 500.
|Quantity||#10 Regular||#10 Window||9" x 12"|