During Open Education Week , we highlight the work that's being done at Toronto Metropolitan University in support of open education. This includes the use of open educational practices and open pedagogy in the classroom, and the creation and adoption of open educational resources.
On March 7th and March 10th, we hosted a series of lightning talks from Toronto Metropolitan University faculty and instructors who have received grants from eCampusOntario or from Toronto Metropolitan University to develop open educational resources. Videos of these talks will be available on this site soon.
On March 7, 2022, the speakers were:
- David Cramb, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Science
- Michael Dick, Contract Lecturer, Professional Communication at The Creative School
- Lester Hiraki, Instructor, The Chang School
- Jennifer Lapum, Associate Director, Quality Assurance and Professor, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing
- Sally Wilson, Web Services Librarian, RULA
- Emma Wright, Manager, Global Learning and Engagement, Ryerson International
- Erin Ziegler, Assistant Professor, Daphne Cockwell School of Nursing
On March 10, 2022, the speakers were:
- Sam Andrey, Acting Executive Director & Andre Cote, Acting Director of Policy & Research, Ryerson Leadership Lab
- Kelly Dermody, E-Learning and Accessibility Services Librarian, RULA
- Anthony Francescucci, Associate Professor & Joanne McNeish, Assistant Professor, Ted Rogers School of Business Management
- Sarena Johnson, Liaison, Student Affairs, Aboriginal Student Services
- Megan Omstead, Program Coordinator, School of Nutrition
Open Education at Toronto Metropolitan University is supported by the Toronto Metropolitan University Library, the Centre for Excellence in Learning & Teaching, and the Chang School of Continuing Education.