If you have been, or are about to start taking language and culture courses with us, and would like to experience your new language in an immersion situation, you might want to consider the options below. In some cases, students receive university credits upon completion of these programs, and those credits can be transferred as Liberal Studies or Professionally-Related courses to Ryerson. For more details, please check Ryerson's policy on Transfer Credits.
Ryerson University offers many great options to students interested in studying abroad through the Study Abroad and Global Exchange Portal.
The following are just some of the options available to you -- consider looking into...
- Ryerson's Study Abroad and Global Exchange Portal: our department has a formal agreement with the Universidad de Málaga, external link in Spain. Read about Karine Regai's (class of 2021) study abroad experience below for a taste of what the experience is like!
- North American Language and Culture Assistants Program, external link; "The Education Office of the Embassy of Spain promotes diverse educational outreach programs in the United States and Canada."
- Explore, external link: a five-week French language bursary program in Canada.
- Odyssey, external link: a Language-Assistant Program in Canada.
- French Ministry of Education: English Teaching Assistantships, external link: for students interested in being an English teaching assistant in France.
Remember that this is just a sample of offerings available -- we encourage you to search Ryerson's Study Abroad and Global Exchange Portal for the most recent and up to date exchange and study abroad opportunities.