You are now in the main content area
Checklist for Transitioning Employees
Some people prefer that their transition is kept confidential until it is “complete”; others may prefer to transition in the workplace gradually. We will work with you to develop a plan that you are most comfortable with. Contact your HR partner who can help you through every step of the process.
Human Resources (HR) will:
- Develop a communication plan and help you meet with the leaders in your department. You have options on how you would like to approach these communications, either on your own or in the company of someone you’re comfortable with from HR or the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion for example.
- Update eHR
- Update tax forms
- Provide guidance to update your benefit and pension information if applicable
- Provide assistance in the event of incivility in the workplace
HR will assist with contacting other departments for:
- A new email address and to have your old address forwarded
- Changing your matrix ID and ensuring all permissions and security access are transferred over
- Changing the name on your phone
- Replacing your OneCard at no cost
- Updating your access and login for any financial systems
- Updating the name listed on your Library account
Either HR or you, yourself can contact your department administration to help you:
- Reprint business cards if applicable
- Change your name in the online contact directory
- Change department signage
- Update organizational charts
We welcome your input. If you have any comments or suggestions about this information, please contact Laurie Stewart, director, communications, administration and operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-979-5000, ext. 552013.