TMU's bargaining values
Toronto Metropolitan University has a strong history of collaborative collective bargaining and positive labour relations. We are committed problem solvers, successfully negotiating collective agreements with all the unions on campus that include progressive changes that meet the needs of all parties.
We are proud that in working with the unions we’ve had no labour disruptions on our campus for the past 30 years. Negotiations at Toronto Metropolitan University have been successful because of the joint commitment from both sides.
We come to the negotiation table with the following values:
- At Toronto Metropolitan University, we value the contributions of all employee groups. We acknowledge the crucial role of unions and their leadership. We value the process of collective bargaining.
- The values of equity, diversity and inclusion are important to us. We continually work to advance EDI initiatives through bargaining.
- We come to the table in good faith. We listen; we hear the concerns of our unions.
- We are committed to meaningful dialogue that is respectful and gives due consideration to differing views.
- We are committed to reaching fair settlements that achieve important priorities within the realities of our financial limits.
- We are accountable to all of Toronto Metropolitan University’s stakeholders; our perspective must take into account the success of the university as a whole.
Toronto Metropolitan Faculty Association (TFA)
For tenure stream faculty, limited-term faculty, librarians and counsellors
CUPE Local 3904, Unit 3
For teaching assistants (TAs), graduate assistants (GAs), lab monitors and invigilators