In April 2022, Ryerson University changed its name to Toronto Metropolitan University, which will be implemented in a phased approach. You will see the Ryerson name across campus, online and in our official communications for a period of time. Learn more about our next chapter.
As the world pushes the limits of connectivity, the demand for experts in computer networking is soaring. We aim to fulfil that need through our unique graduate program in computer networks, which propels engineering and computer science graduates to the forefront of this impressive growth in IT. Designed with industry in mind, the program emphasizes practical knowledge and advanced skills in specialized areas of network security, voice-over-IP (VoIP) and multimedia, data center networks, cloud computing and wireless networks.
Upon entering our master of engineering (MEng) or master of applied science (MASc) program, you’ll gain exclusive access to our cutting-edge laboratories, where you’ll design, simulate and experiment with network configurations and performance. You’ll leave with in-depth, specialized experience in a growing field and limitless employment options at your fingertips.
Become a part of this selective program and join our esteemed community of graduates who have gone on to rewarding careers with Cisco, AT&T Inc., IBM, Bell Canada, Rogers Communications, Telus, Siemens AG and other leading companies within the IT industry.
After graduating from our program in computer networks, you will have the solid foundation needed to successfully complete the following certifications:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), external link, opens in new window
- Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE), external link, opens in new window
- Juniper Networks Certified Expert, Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIE-ENT), external link, opens in new window
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA), external link, opens in new window
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization, external link, opens in new window
- PCAP Certified Associate in Python Programming, external link, opens in new window