You are now in the main content area
Submit a volunteer for recognition
Who can be recognized?
- A volunteer who has provided, or is currently providing, outstanding volunteer service(s) to Toronto Metropolitan University either within specific academic units (such as faculties or institutes), non-academic units, or the university at large
- Retired faculty and staff (at least three years retired) who volunteer at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Posthumous awards will be considered only in exceptional circumstances
- Volunteers will stand for consideration in the year in which they are submitted
Who cannot be recognized?
- Current students, faculty and staff are not eligible (separate awards program exists for faculty and staff, opens in new window, and also for students, opens in new window)
- Volunteers who have previously won a G. Raymond Chang Outstanding Volunteer Award
- Current members from these groups are not eligible:
- Board of Governors
Who can submit a volunteer for recognition?
- Volunteer information must be submitted by the appropriate Director of Development or a designated representative of a Vice President’s office.
- Volunteers submitted will be subject to review by University Advancement only to ensure they are eligible and meet the criteria, and vetting of submissions will be made by designated university representatives.
- The recognition form should make the case for the volunteer, and include all relevant information.
Tips and helpful information on filling out the form
- The form includes edit and save functions — if needed you may save your work and return to the form once you have all of the required information.
- You will need the recipient's contact information (email and mailing address).
Once awarded, a G. Raymond Chang Outstanding Volunteer Award may be revoked if Toronto Metropolitan University determines that association with the recipient may call into question the integrity or reputation of the university.
Deadline for nominations
Nominations for 2023 are now closed.