How to donate
We’re launching our annual United Way Greater Toronto campaign on a new donation platform, @work.
This platform includes features like impact funds—allowing you to direct your gift to United Way focus areas like homelessness or mental health.
To give, click the button below to register with your Toronto Metropolitan University email address to create your personalized donation portal.
Thank you for your continued support!
- On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 you will receive an email from United Way with a donation link (external link) .
- Click the link to take you to the United Way donation portal, @work.
- Click “First time user?” to register with your Toronto Metropolitan University email address.
- An email will be sent from United Way Greater Toronto with a link to create a unique password.
- Enter your Toronto Metropolitan University email address and password, then click “Log In”.
- Click “Donate” and select your payment method (payroll, credit card).
- Click “Next” to continue to the payment page. Credit Card payments will be processed immediately and payroll donations can be customized with the amount and recurrence.
- If you choose to designate your donation to another charitable organization, click “Designate to Other Canadian Charities” .
- Search for the charity (either typing its name or CRA Charity Registration Number) from the list provided (external link) and click “Add”.
- Enter the amount next to each selection and click “Next”. Note that only the charities registered with CRA will appear in search results. To find the exact name of charity or CRA Registration Number, use the CRA List of Charities Search (external link) .
- Click the “Donate/Give” button and you will receive a confirmation email.
Donations made before end-of-day December 31, 2023, are eligible for a 2023 tax receipt.
If you donated by payroll deduction, the amount will appear on your T4 slip.
If you gave a one-time donation by credit card, you will be sent an electronic tax receipt by email.