The struggle for existence is the struggle for available energy.
Welcome to the Koivisto Group
and the Organic-based Renewable Energy (ORE) Research Program
Summer 2021 (Left to right, then up the stairs from right to left) - Tamara, BK, Tristan, Sahana, Anoud, Emma, Judy, Zeeniya, Anja, Pedro (+Valeria), Valeria, Anna, Tavneet, Reeda, Reese, Fiona (missing - Anthony, Zahar, Rebecca)
- Pacifichem 2015 and our “Artificial photosynthesis” symposium is another huge success.
- BK gives two research lectures on next-generation photovoltaics in Chile (Santiago and Valdivia).
- Congrats to Ben Fisher for winning the Bob Guerriere BSc Thesis award
- The Koivisto group welcomes Sahana Sritharan and Ben Fischer as MSc Students. The group also welcomes Jeanette Adjei, Malek El-Aooiti & Hardeep Devgan as research associates
- Ryerson University and the Koivisto group host ICE 2015.
- Dr. Joe Gilroy (Western) and I would like to thank all of our sponsors, speakers and student winners from our symposium
- Congrats to Yousaf on his BODIPY-Phenylacetylene paper (external link)
- Science Rendezvous 2015: Perfect weather and fantastic volunteers help showcase great science at Ryerson
- The Koivisto Group welcomes Paloma Prieto (ICE exchange student; UBC), Mohammed Choudhry, and Muntaser Farooque (NSERC Engage, Ryerson) as summer research associates.
- Congrats to Sara Abuadas, Hardeep Devgan and Ben Fischer for successfully defending their theses. Sara is now moving on to bigger and better things at the University of Waterloo with the Schepper group.
- VIDEO: Prof. Bryan Koivisto explains why glass windows are the future of clean energy (external link) - Shameless self promotion at its best!
- Science Rendezvous 2014: Perfect weather and (image file) fantastic volunteers (opens in new window) help showcase great science at Ryerson
- The Koivisto Group welcomes Chris Barran (ICE exchange student; Queens), Alison Lee (NSERC Engage; Waterloo), Kiron Gonidis (NSERC USRA, Ryerson), and Andrew Harris (NSERC Engage, Ryerson).
- (PDF file) Bootcamp 2014 begins (opens in new window) . The Koivisto group welcomes Jelena Madzarevic and Muntaser Farooque as summer co-op students
- Congrats to Burhan Hussein and Christopher Lombardi for sucessfully defending their theses. Christopher Lombardi is now moving on to bigger and better things at York University with the Organ group (external link, opens in new window) .
- BK gives two (image file) research lectures (opens in new window) on next-generation photovoltaics in Chile. The spanish article can be found here (external link, opens in new window) .
- The Koivisto Group welcomes Ben Fischer to the team as the 2013/2014 experiential learning work study student
- BK celebrates getting a year older with the group, and they even (image file) bought me a cake (opens in new window) .
- Welcome Burhan Hussein and Christopher Lombardi as 4th year thesis students to the group
- Congratulations Catherine, Devin and Omar... The Koivisto Groups second paper (external link, opens in new window) !
- Ellie presents her USRA work at the Inorganic Chemistry Exchange (ICE) in Calgary, AB... and does (image file) a little site-seeing (opens in new window) .
- Congratulations Catherine, Devin and Omar... The Koivisto Groups first paper (external link, opens in new window) !
- Congratulations Ellie Arnold (UPEI) for winning a NSERC USRA Award. Well done! Ellie will be joining us on May 6th, 2013.
- Congratulations (PDF file) Omar for winning a poster prize (3rd place) (opens in new window) at the Southern Ontario Undergraduate Student Chemistry Conference! Well done!
- Congratulations Devin for winning a Connect Canada (external link, opens in new window) Internship Award worth $5000! Well done!
- Congratulations Devin for winning a CUE (opens in new window) Research Award worth $5000! Well done!
- Congratulations Omar for being awarded a Fall/Winter 2012-2013 Work Study Research Assistantship (opens in new window) . Well done!
- Welcome Devin, Yousaf and Maryam - New graduate students join the Koivisto group
- Welcome Nicholas and Trinh - 4th year thesis students join the group
- Bon voyage Catherine! A huge thank you for all your hard work, and all the best in the Bender Group (external link) at UoT.