Let's Talk Climate (in)Justice 2022
- November 26, 2022
- 1:00 PM EST - 4:00 PM EST
- Toronto Metropolitan University, George Vari Engineering and Computing Centre, 245 Church Street Toronto, ON M5B 1Z4
- Open To
Join the conversation!
Let's Talk Climate (in)Justice is an event that highlights climate change not only as an environmental issue but as a social justice issue.
Although no one is immune from climate change, the burden of its effects is not carried equally between races, genders, economic statuses, or age groups. This symposium features a series of in-person speakers from a variety of backgrounds to discuss both climate injustice as well as the path forward to reach climate justice. The focal points of the event are climate change and its impacts on Indigenous rights, water justice, and food security.
* Snacks will be provided! *
- Dr. Kelsey Leonard, external link, Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Waters, Climate and Sustainability and an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo
- Dr. Deborah McGregor, external link, Associate Professor & Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Environmental Justice
- Kehkashan Basu, external link, Founder and President of Green Hope Foundation, UN Human Rights Champion, Climate Activist
- Dr. Tyrone Hall, external link, Climate strategist, policy communicator and sustainability specialist
... and more to come!