Introducing the Indigenous Fashion Support (IFS) Program!
About The IFS Program
Through the program, you will:
- Meet like-minded creatives
- Validate ideas through research and data-driven decision making
- Develop a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Establish go-to-market strategies
- Work with mentors and industry advisors to get support in business development
- Access workshops and programming on marketing, sales, and pitching, through the Fashion Zone and across the Zone Learning community
- Gain exposure to industry-standard prototyping and design tools and equipment
After reviewing applications, the Fashion Zone team will contact successful candidates via email. The program takes place Oct 15, 2020 - January 22, 2021, and is completely virtual until further notice. At the end of the 12-week program, teams will pitch to a panel of experts. A full program timeline is below:
Application window: Sept 21- Oct 5th, 2020
Program start date: Oct 15, 2020
Program duration: 12 weeks
Oct 16 - Jan 21, 2021
RU Holidays Dec 18-Jan 3
Interested students can apply with a business idea or with an existing business in the early stages. If you are currently working with a team, you can add up to 3 additional team members. You also apply as an individual without an idea to join a team.
The IFS program is open to Ryerson students, alumni and community members 18+. The program is open to all indigenous people in Canada.
- Be Canadian Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis, Inuit) or Indigenous from elsewhere residing in Canada
- Have an interest in entrepreneurship or a business idea/innovative solution
- Submit a complete and qualifying application form
- Be available during the length of this program
- Have the ability to work on their project for 10 -15 hours per week
- Participate in mandatory scheduled meetings and virtual workshop
Should you have any questions with the application, please contact email@example.com
The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.
Apply to The IFS Program
Creative, Indigenous-led Ideas and Businesses.