International Double Degree
As a master of engineering (MEng) student in civil, electrical or computer engineering, you can gain international experience, learn a new language, and earn two master’s degrees simultaneously—one from Toronto Metropolitan University and another from one of our partner universities overseas.
Choose from one of the following programs (all of which are offered in English):
- Electrical engineering, Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (HsKA) in Karlsruhe, Germany
- Civil engineering, Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (HsKA) in Karlsruhe, Germany
- Power engineering, Wroclaw University of Technology (WUT) in Wroclaw, Poland
The international double-degree program takes two years of study and requires:
- The completion of a combination of 8-10 courses total from Toronto Metropolitan University and the partner university (depending on which program you choose to pursue)
- A jointly supervised master’s project/thesis
- A foreign language course at the partner university
Eligibility & Application Information
More information on the international double degree in power engineering (WUT), telecommunication engineering (WUT) and electrical engineering (HsKA) can be found on Toronto Metropolitan University’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering’s International Double Degree page.
More information on the international double degree in civil engineering can be found on Toronto Metropolitan University’s Department of Civil Engineering’s Program Information and Degree Requirements page.
FEAS Fellowship/Karlsruhe Scholarship for a Double Degree at HsKA
If you choose to obtain your double degree with Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences (HsKA), you may qualify for one of four fellowships from Toronto Metropolitan University’s Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS).
Each fellowship is valued at roughly CAD$9,000 (€6,000), which can be used towards travel fares, tuition, and accommodation costs (not including taxes) while living in Germany.
All applicants to the FEAS Fellowship for a Double Degree at HsKA must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a full-time master of engineering (MEng) in electrical and computer engineering or civil engineering at Toronto Metropolitan University
- Demonstrate overall success in their studies with a cumulative CGPA of 3.0 or higher and have clear academic standing
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person
- Be an Ontario resident
- Demonstrate academic excellence
To apply, you must submit an application letter outlining how you meet the above criteria, together with your unofficial transcript. You must submit this application to firstname.lastname@example.org. An awards selection committee will review the applications and make the final selection.
The FEAS Graduate Office will inform all applicants of the fellowship deadline via email.