You are now in the main content area
Urban Sanctuary, Migrant Solidarity and Hospitality in Global Perspective
- Godoy, M.* and Bauder, H. (2021) PDF fileSanctuary and Solidarity Cities in Latin America: A Review of the Literature, external link. Migración y Desarrollo 19(35): 89-113.
- Bauder, H. (2021) Urban Migrant and Refugee Solidarity beyond City Limits., external link Urban Studies. Early view.
- Bauder, H. and Godoy, M. (2020) Upscaling Migrant Sanctuary and Solidarity Policies and Practices in Times of COVID-19, external link. IOM, Geneva.
- Bauder, H. (2020) Urban Solidarity: Perspectives of Migration and Refugee Accommodation and Inclusion., external link Critical Sociology.
- Hershkowitz, M., Hudson, G. and Bauder, H. (2020) Rescaling the Sanctuary City: Police and Non‐Status Migrants in Ontario, Canada., external link International Migration.
- Urban Citizenship: A Path to Migrant Inclusion, external link (GLOBALCIT Debate, 2019)
- Bauder, H. and Weisser, T. (2019) PDF fileSolidarity Cities in Germany and Switzerland: A Brief Overview of Initiatives. RCIS Research Brief 2019/2
- Bauder, H. (2019) PDF fileUrban Sanctuary and Solidarity in Global Context: How Does Africa Contribute to the Debate? MIASA Working Paper 2019(1).
- Darling, J. and Bauder, H., eds. (2019) Sanctuary cities and urban struggles: Rescaling migration, citizenship, and rights, external link, opens in new window. Manchester: Manchester University Press.
- Bauder, H. and Gonzales, D. (2018) “Municipal Responses to ‘Illegality’: Urban Sanctuary Across National Contexts,, external link, opens in new window” Social Inclusion 6(1): 124 –134.
- Bauder, H. (2017) “Sanctuary Cities: Policies and Practices in International Comparison,, external link, opens in new window” International Migration 55(2): 174-182.
- Bauder, H. (2017) Migration Borders Freedom, external link, opens in new window. London: Routledge.
- Bauder, H. (2016) "Possibilities of Urban Belonging,, external link, opens in new window" Antipode:48(2): 252–271.
- PDF file“If you are in Palermo, you are a Palermitan:” An Interview with Mayor Leoluca Orlando, opens in new window. (RCIS Research Brief, 2019/1)
- “Wer in Palermo ist, ist Palermitaner:", external link, opens in new window Ein Interview mit Bürgermeister Leoluca Orlando. (FlüchtlingsforschungsBlog, 2019)
- Hospitality towards Migrants and Refugees: State vs. City (Soli*City Blog, 2022)
- PDF fileSanctuary Cities – Solidarity Through Defiance, external link. (Mixed Migration Review 2020: Mixed Migration and Cities, 2020)
- Urban Sanctuary Policies and Solidarity Practices in Germany and Switzerland, external link, with Timo Weisser (Cities of Migration, 2019)
- Solidarity and the Study of Migrants and Refugees, external link (Research Outreach, 2019)
- Solidarische Städte in Deutschland und der Schweiz: Ein Zwischenbericht., external link (Solidarity City, Germany, 2019)
- Why Cities Hold the Key to Safe, Orderly Migration, external link, opens in new window, with Loren Landau (Agenda, World Economic Forum, 2018)
- Sanctuary Cities Like Toronto are Democracy's Last Stand, external link, opens in new window (Huffington Post, 2017)
- Let's Give Cities A Greater Role in Managing Migration, external link, opens in new window (Huffington Post, 2016)