Registration is now closed
Weekly Market Research Workshops
Workshops on conducting market research & understanding your target customers, led by various industry organizations.
Industry Overview Sessions
Learn about your sector of focus and engage with our industry partners through industry-driven workshops.
Basics of Lean Canvas
Introductory sessions on the basic fundamentals of completing a lean canvas to efficiently develop a one-page business plan.
TMU Startup School Content
Curated venture development content, startup best practices, business templates, founder learnings and insights.
Weekly open office hours with the Inspire Program Lead
$5000 in Grants for Participants:
Individuals or teams who register for the Inspire Program will be able to apply for 1 of 10 Inspire Grants. Each grant will be valued at up to $500, to be used for reimbursement of business expenses, with no strings attached - no equity or intellectual property taken in return.
- Participants must be 21+ years of age
- This program is designed for:
- Recent grads, graduate researchers, experienced professionals, exploratory entrepreneurs, ideation stage founders, pre-incorporated companies, and those searching for a change in their careers
- Pre-existing early-stage startups ( <18 months of ideation)
- Participants must currently have or consider developing a technology solution in either of our Industry Sectors: Health and Wellness, Smart-City, Mobility and Logistics or Food Sustainability
- Able to commit to 5-week programming (5-6 hours/week)
Expected Program Outcomes:
- Identify a specific industry problem to pursue and validate
- Complete phase one of your business model canvas
- Learn the fundamentals of primary and secondary market research
- Understand how to define your target audience
- Develop data-driven market assumptions to validate
- Begin user interviews to accelerate market validation
- Build your personal founder network from a community of entrepreneurs, innovators, industry partners and startup ecosystem builders
Registration Deadline: September 19th, 2022
Program Duration: September 20th - October 25th, 2022