Discounts & Free Admission
You can use your Student OneCard to access discounts and free admission.
GO Transit Student ID Card
The digital GO Transit Student ID Card can provide eligible full-time students with discounted fare using your PRESTO card.
Once you receive your digital GO Transit Student ID Card, you must visit the GO Station with your card and PRESTO card so that your PRESTO card is set up for student fares.
You must always carry your PRESTO card and TMU OneCard when using the GO train.
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for digital GO Transit Student Identification Cards, valid at the beginning of the school year until October 31 of the following school year.
- In order to be eligible, you must be enrolled in a full course load for both the fall and winter terms.
- Those registered for only one term of full time studies are not eligible.
- In order to be eligible, you must be registered in a full-time program and a full course load.
- Those enrolled in part-time graduate programs (including Professional Master's Diploma programs and students enrolled in Chang School certificate programs and/or courses) are not eligible.
Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 will be available from August 30, 2022.
Please note school IDs are valid until October 31st of the following year, in most cases.
For example, an ID issued for the 2021 to 2022 school year is valid until October 31, 2022.
Visit the GO Transit Student ID website for more information about the program and to apply online.
Complete your online application
- Complete the GO Transit Student ID Request form (external link)
- One completed, you will be emailed a link to the application form. You must complete the application form within 10 days of receiving it as the link will expire.
Getting your card
Upon approval of your application form, you will receive an email from GO Transit with your card. You may download your card right to your phone or print a copy to keep in your wallet.
If GO Transit determines you are not eligible for a card, you will receive an email from GO Transit detailing the reason your application was denied.
For more information, please visit:
- GO Transit: Students going to school (external link, opens in new window)
- GO Transit: Student ID (external link)
- GO Transit: PRESTO on the GO (external link, opens in new window)
Questions about digital GO Transit Student ID Cards?
If you have questions about your digital GO Transit Student ID card, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-869-3600 ext. 7272.
Important reminders for digital GO Transit Student ID Cards
To receive your digital GO Transit Student ID Card, complete the GO Transit Student ID Request form (external link) and the application emailed to you.
Then, to activate your digital GO Transit Student ID Card, visit a GO Station to associate it with your PRESTO card.
Discounted membership at the TMU Athletic Centre for Continuing Education students
Continuing Education students can access discounts on membership at the TMU Athletic Centre. Full-time undergraduate and graduate students have membership included in tuition fees. For more information visit the TMU Athletics website. (external link)
- Free admission to TMU Bold home games
- Free membership to the TMU Athletic Centre for full-time undergraduate and graduate students. For more information visit the TMU Athletics website. (external link)