Alumni & Donors
Our community of 8,000+ alumni, together with donors and friends are a source of inspiration and guidance for students in the Faculty of Science. In every STEM field, our students and alumni are making an impact in their communities around the globe.
Your Generous Impact
Through philanthropic giving, partnerships and other support, our alumni community and donors help ensure that our students succeed in the classroom and beyond. Here are just a few of the ways your help is making an important and valuable impact in the Faculty of Science.
- COVID-19 Research Fund — Your generosity helps support our researchers as they work tirelessly to find new and innovative solutions to combat COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Student Relief — This emergency fund is helping current students, some of whom are still struggling to meet even their most basic needs in the pandemic’s wake.
- Science Discovery Complex — Located at the corner of Jarvis and Dundas streets, your generosity supports us in building our new, ultramodern teaching and research hub.
- Scholarships & Awards — Your gifts let us attract students of the highest calibre, recognize academic excellence, and remove financial barriers for under-served groups.
- Programs & Experiences & Outreach — Your help enriches student lives with opportunities for experiential learning, conferences, global exchanges and spreading science learning within the community.
Ways to Give
There are many ways to support the Faculty of Science, its students, research and initiatives. Whether you make an annual gift, a one-time gift, or a pre-planned gift, your generous support helps create life-changing opportunities for the community of students, faculty and friends who call the Faculty of Science home.
Annual support from Alumni and Friends ensures that the Faculty of Science has the means to provide valuable opportunities and services to all students. Donations to the annual fund provide support for:
- Scholarship & Awards for students
- Student experience programming
- Student research
- Enhancements to student facilities and equipment in our teaching and research labs
Gifts of $1,000 or more will be recognized with an invitation to join our Blue & Gold Society.
Major gifts are significant contributions to the Faculty of Science at a threshold of $25,000 or greater. These gifts, often fulfilled over a number of years, make a lasting impact in our faculty. They can support scholarships, postdoctoral fellowships, research, academic programs, equipment and more.
We are grateful for the alumni, friends, faculty and staff who have included a legacy gift to the Faculty of Science in their wills, and we are honoured to be thought of in this way. These gifts come in contributions of all sizes, and can be designated however you wish - to student financial assistance, your school, the faculty or to the area of greatest need.
Stay Connected, Get Involved
Your connection to Science doesn't end when you graduate. No matter where you are, there so many ways to stay engaged with your program, the Faculty and the university. Our alumni and friends are valued mentors, volunteers and ambassadors.
Mentor. Volunteer. Share your expertise. Find ways to help your TMU community.
Moved, name change, new email? Update your contact information.
Network with fellow alumni. Attend an alumni event.
Find out the latest at the Faculty of Science. Sign up for the FOS Newsletter (external link) .