University Vehicles Policy
- Related Documents: University Vehicles Procedure
- Owner: Facilities Managment & Development
- Approver: Vice-President, Administration and Operations
- Approval Dates: May 1992, January 2001, March 2004, August 2007
University vehicles are used to transport materials and supplies relating to groundskeeping, landscaping and maintenance within the University campus.
University vehicles are used to carry out small office moves around the campus.
1. Ryerson does not have a general passenger conveyance capability. Travel should be sourced in a manner that is most cost effective to the University.
2. Moving of goods and material beyond the University campus should be done in the most cost effective manner in order to minimize the economic impact to the University.
a. Limited capability exists using University vehicles;
b. University vehicles should be used after all other conventional avenues have been exhausted which includes: courier and/or taxi service, moving companies, etc.
his policy falls under the jurisdiction of the Vice President, Administration and Finance. The application and interpretation of the policy and its associated procedures is the responsibility of the Director, Campus Facilities & Sustainability (CFS).