- MA Dance
- BA Integrated Studies
Allen Kaeja (Co-Artistic Director, Choreographer, Film Director, Educator, developed PVD with Karen) is an internationally recognized and award-winning Choreographer and Dance Film Director. The child of a refugee and Holocaust survivor, Allen has created 27 years of Holocaust inspired stage and film works. Overall, he’s created over 210 stage works and Choreographed/Directed 35 films. Co-Artistic Director of Kaeja d’Dance with Karen Kaeja, Allen’s works have been featured in commercials, films and festivals around the world. Hehas received numerous national and international commissions, teaches Kaeja Elevations and Dance Film master classes worldwide.
Karen and Allen received the DanceOntario Lifetime Achievement Award; were Finalists for the TAF-2020 Celebration of Cultural Life Award and are nominated for the Eldred Family Dance Award for lifetime achievement in dance. Allen was very excited creating with Director Keira Loughran, choreographing Wendy / Peter Pan until COVID closed Stratford Festival in 2020. Allen and Karen recently created Kitchen Dances Web Series with Moze Mossanen and In Case of Emergency, celebrating eighteen dance artists in our community. The Kaeja’s will be touring to the USA, New Brunswick and British Columbia in 2023.
In creation of:
- A new Dance Film called Fallow with Karen Kaeja, supported by the Canada Council for the Arts-Digital Originals to be shot this September
- New multimedia production called "I am the Child of..." for Kaeja d'Dance 30th anniversary with 8 performers to premiere as part of the Torque Festival Harbourfront
- New solo for Rebecca Margolick to premiere this November 2020 at Vancouver's Dance Centre called Trace Elements
- New solo for Tara Butler to premiere this June 2021at The Registry Theatre
- Currently in Phase 1 of the CCA/CBC Accelerator project 2020